girlfriends

*a/n: finally thought of a semi decent idea for a one shot. hopefully it's good. sorry for the slow updates btw*

betty and jughead have been dating for a few months now and so have veronica and archie. they all seemed to be very happy and content in their hetero relationships but that in fact was not the case. well not for jughead anyway.

betty was sweet and adorable and a very good kisser, but she wasn't really who jughead wanted to kiss. he thought she was. he thought he really had feelings for her. but over time those feeling began to fade and grow for someone new. someone who he would've never expected to gain feelings for.

archie.

he hated it. he hated the fact that he was slowly falling in love with his best friend more and more every day. he hated the fact that archie most likely didn't feel the same way. and most of all he hated pretending like he had feelings for betty when he really only has feelings for archie.

"jughead are you ok?" betty asked looking up at him curiously as she laid on his chest.

"uh, yea, sorry. just got lost in my thoughts." jughead sighed.

"thoughts about?" betty asked.

"you" he answered, which wasn't a complete lie.

a smile grew on betty's face
"what kind of thoughts?" betty asked, biting her lip.

jughead knew what that meant. he knew what she was expecting him to say and he knew what she wanted.

"i was just thinking about how beautiful you are." he lied with a smile.

betty looked a bit disappointed as she was expecting him to say something a bit more sexual. but nevertheless she accepted the compliment.

"thanks babe" she smiled before giving jughead a quick peck on the lips.

jughead just smiled a fake smile because he was wishing that it was archie laying on his chest right now and giving him pecks, but instead it was betty. he internally sighed. cussing himself out mentally for allowing himself to fall so hard for archie. he knew that it would never happen between him and archie yet he still continued to imagine it would.

•••

"so juggie, how's life with your girl goin?" archie asked jughead with a smile as he sat next to him on his bed.

"pretty amazing" jughead lied
"how's life with v?" jughead asked.

"fucking great." archie smirked
"especially last night. last night was intense as hell. i finally got her to suck-"

"i don't need to hear all the details." jughead said with a fake laugh.

"sorry, i just thought you'd like to hear about my sex life since you don't have one." archie shrugged.

"ok first of all, ouch. and second of all it's just cuz i don't feel like having sex with her yet, alright?" jughead said.

"don't feel like having sex with her yet? are you gay or something? if i were you i would've tapped that already." archie said.

jughead went red at the question 'are you gay?' but he pretended like it didn't phase him.

"i'm just not ready yet, that doesn't make me gay. and you have a girlfriend so i would recommend you stop talking about girls that you would 'tap'" i said putting air quotes around tap and rolling my eyes.

"ok but what straight guy dates a girl for six months and doesn't even try to have sex?" archie asked sarcastically.

"i think the answer you're looking for is a gentleman, archie." jughead sassed.

"yea ok, whatever you say."

"you really think i'm gay?" jughead asked with a raised eyebrow.

archie just shrugged.

"and so what if i am?"

"are you?"

"no, i just wanna know what you would think if i was gay."

archie sat and thought for a couple seconds.

"if you were gay the first thing i would think is i knew it. and then i would think nothing else because you're still the same jughead and i couldn't care less if you're gay or not because either way you'll always be my best friend." archie said with a smile.

jughead's heart dropped for two reasons. one because of how supportive archie would be if he came out to him and two because he hardcore just friend zoned him.

"well i'm not gay, but if i was i would really appreciate all the support." jughead said.

archie raised an eyebrow
"you're lying to me." he said.

"huh?"

"don't play dumb."

"i'm not" jughead said nervously

"you must really think i'm an idiot. jughead, i know."

"you know what?" jughead asked acting like he didn't know what archie meant.

"you really don't remember?" archie asked.

"remember what?" jughead asked, actually confused now.

"are you serious? a couple nights ago? when you got piss drunk at that party and told me you loved me? you also tried to kiss me." archie said.

suddenly it all came back to jughead. they had went to a birthday party for kevin a couple of nights ago and jughead had way too much to drink and couldn't control what words came out of his mouth. when archie was taking him home, jughead had poured all of  his feelings out to archie and told him he loved him, he even tried to kiss him.

"oh, shit. i forgot about that. umm, just forget it. nothing i said was true, i was drunk." jughead lied.

"drunk words are sober thoughts." archie said.

jughead swallowed nervously.

"ok. fine. maybe, i might, sort of, kind of, just a little bit, not really, have a crush on you" jughead said going red and looking down at his hands.

"i knew it. it's ok jughead. don't be embarrassed. you wanna know something?" archie asked.

jughead looked up from his hand and at archie as if saying yes.

"when you tried to kiss me that night, i had this weird urge to kiss you back. the only reason why i didn't is because you were drunk and i knew you wouldn't remember it. i wanted it to be something you remembered." archie said.

"really?" was all jughead could manage to get out.

"yea, and i guess now you're not drunk. so you'll remember this." archie said before cupping jughead's face and embracing him into a warm and slow kiss.

the kiss was full of passion and want, none of which the boys ever felt when kissing betty or veronica.

after a few long seconds of the passion filled kiss the boys pulled away before they could suffocate. both speechless for a while.

"that was amazing" archie finally said.

jughead nodded.

"but there's just one thing wrong with it... what are we gonna do about our girlfriends?"

*well there you have it. don't forget to vote and comment if you want a pt. 2 where they confront their girlfriends about the kiss. also tysm for 13k views i appreciate it so much, let's see if we can get to 1k likes :)*