Hi

"Hi" Severide said, looking at her up and down. From the last time he had seen her, she looked more tired. Worn out, almost. Emily in turn looked at him. Severide's face still bruised from his run in with Jay. This made Emily nervous.

Emily moved, allowing Severide to enter the home he had once basically lived in. "What's going on, Kelly?" Emily asked, closing her front door and following Kelly into the living room. She watched as he glanced around the room, looking for any photographs of the two of them. But to his surprise he didn't find any, Emily had taken them down. Every photo that she had was removed from the wall it had previously been hung on.

"Do you remember when we were in Washington DC, and we watched that film on the roof of some random building?" Severide asked her, Emily thought for a moment, but she knew exactly what he was talking about. In fact, that night was one of the best nights she had spent with Severide - and he knew that.

"Yeah, I remember. After the movie, we ran into my team. Morgan really scared you that night" Emily said, remembering the look on his face when Morgan casually reminded him that he carried a gun, and wasn't afraid to use it.

"I thought he was going to shoot me" Severide said, a slightly laughing as he spoke - this in turn made Emily laugh. "You know, Morgan once told me not to hurt you. I'm so sorry. For everything. I love you" Severide said, reaching out and taking Emily's hand in his own.

All he wanted was for her to want him back, but it wasn't as easy as that. While Emily loved Kelly Severide more than she had ever loved anyone before, she knew that they couldn't be together.

"I need to say something. And I need you to listen to what I'm about to say" Emily said "Okay?" She asked.

"Okay" Severide said to her, nodding as he spoke.

"Kelly Severide, I'm in love with you. More than I've ever loved anyone else in my life. That's why we need to end this now. Since we met, we've been toxic for each other. Kelly, you almost died because of me. I mean I kil ... could of lost you. If anything happened to you Kelly, it would kill me. I've seen what a vengeful unsub can do, I can't be the reason anything happens to you" Emily said, looking directly at him.

"I love you too" Severide told her "You know, I once told Gabby and Matt that I was ready to settle down with you. That's not changed. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Are you really going to tell me that you don't want to be together?" Severide asked, Emily looked at him for a moment. The tears in her eyes where ready to spill out, but that didn't matter right now. She needed to do what was right.

"I don't want to be together" She said, her voice breaking as she spoke. Severide stood up from his seat and turned towards the front door.

"You know, Morgan once told me not to break your heart. I tried not to. You've broken mine" Severide said to her "So, thank you. Thank you for making me love you, just to have it end like this. Sometimes Emily, I think you're messed in the head" Severide said to her, opening the door and walking away. Just leaving Emily with her thoughts. But as soon as the door closed, she broke down.

Severide heard her cry when he left, and he felt guilty. He didn't want to hurt her. He loved her for god sake. Against his better judgement, he turned around. Going back into the house. He knew what he wanted to do, just kiss her one last time before it was all gone before his eyes.

As the door opened, Emily stopped crying. She just looked at him before getting up and walking over to kiss him. Within a millisecond of their lips touching, Severide had kissed her back. They both knew that this would be the last kiss they shared, that's why neither of them wanted to be released from the others hold. But they knew they needed to go their separate ways.

Emily watched as Severide left again, but this time she didn't cry. She just watched, feeling like a weight had been lifted from her chest. "I love you Kelly Severide" Emily whispered just as the door closed, she had said it so quietly Severide couldn't believe he had heard it.

Forever Chicago (Chicago Fire 2)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें