Did you and Ryan Booth kill that child?

"Emily. My office" Voight shouted over the Intelligence office, standing up from Jay's desk where she had been sitting while playing a game of solitaire on his computer. After closing down her game, she wondered into Voight's office - wondering what he wanted her for this time. Especially, since the last time she was pulled into his office out of the blue she was put in the middle of a hostage situation in firehouse 51. In the office, ADA Peter Stone stood by Voight's desk - he had made the journey from his office to Voight's just to have this conversation with Emily. When she walked into the office, it was clear to see that confusion was written on her face. "Agent Halstead, you remember ADA Stone" Voight said, matter of factly.

"It's good to see you again ADA Stone" Emily said, placing out one hand for him to shake which he happily took. "How can I help you today?" Emily asked, looking ADA Stone up and down. She had met him when she came back to Chicago after being 'dead' for two years, but she had never had the chance to actually work with him. From what Emily knew about him, he was a good prosecutor.

"I need to know about your relationship with Ryan Booth" ADA Stone said, watching the look on Emily's face turn to stone. The death of Ryan Booth was still a sore subject to Emily, right up to the point where she had made it clear to her friends that she didn't want to talk about it - mainly because she felt like she was to blame in some way. He died thinking that she was dead and really, that was what kept her awake at night. Raising her head to look at ADA Stone, Emily spoke.

"Agent Ryan Booth and I worked together during his time in the FBI. We also embarked on a romantic relationship for almost a year" Emily said, doing exactly what Hotch would tell her to do in this situation - give some information but hold the rest back. Don't play all your cards at once. "May I ask why you are so interested in him?" Emily asked, she didn't need to know the ins and outs of whatever case Stone was working on. But if it involved Ryan there was no way she was going to sit on the sidelines.

"Did Mr Booth ever mention a woman by the name of Carla Franklin?" ADA Stone asked her, at this point she decided not to give anymore information until she knew exactly what was going on - or until she had spoken to Hotch. Stone noticed the change in her body language and decided to ask another question. "Is it possible that Ryan hid some of his life from you?" Stone asked. Still seeing that Emily wasn't going to answer his questions, Stone looked over towards Voight who glared at Emily - mentality telling her to answer the questions. But she didn't. All her training came back at once, making her keep quiet.

Booth and Emily had been working undercover together for almost 6 months when there was finally a break in the case. During this time, Emily hadn't had any contact at all with her team in the BAU, Hotch was the only one that really knew what her undercover mission was - but he didn't reach out to her. In a way she was glad he hadn't reached out to her, because if he had it would have made going back under a lot harder than it needed to be. Ryan Booth had been doing Emily's head in, all she wanted was a little peace and quiet - and that wasn't going to happen with Ryan Booth around.

"Okay, enough. Calm your shit down" Ryan told Emily as she picked up a book and threw it at him with all of her might. Just before the book hit Ryan, he ducked down - allowing the book to hit the wall behind him. "Are you fucking crazy?" Ryan shouted to Emily, touching the top of his head. "You nearly hit me" He shouted again.

"You're driving me crazy!" Emily shouted back at Ryan "Listen we need to work together, we have people counting on us to sort this shit out. Now, can we please get back to business" Emily said, her voice becoming very demanding as she spoke. Inside her head, she was mentally cursing Aaron Hotchner - the one who had partnered her up with this new Agent. Someone who she didn't even know. Someone who she didn't even trust.