Hi, I'm Kelly Severide

After her melt down in front of Gabby and Matt, Emily had pulled away from her friends. She even pulled away from her family. Most of her time was spent sitting in her office or helping the Intelligence team with a profile of one of their unsubs. Otherwise, no one really saw much of her. It wasn't like she wanted to be away from them this much, but Emily didn't want to hurt someone she cared about again. While Gabby and Matt understood this, all of Emily's other friends didn't know what was going on with her. 

Severide had spent the morning of Emily's visit to the firehouse making food and cakes for the crew of firehouse 51, wanting to make Emily smile when she arrived. But Gabby, Emily and Matt had stayed tucked up in Matt's office for the duration on her stay, and by the time he had returned back from a call out - Emily had left. Without even saying goodbye. A few days later he had decided to go to district 21 to have a chat with Emily, just so she knew he was there for her. Walking into the precinct, Severide was greeted by Sargent Platt - asking him what she owed the pleasure of his visit with him replying that he was here to see Emily. As he spoke, the gate that lead to the Intelligence Unit opened with Emily and Ruzek hurrying down the stairs. For a second, Emily glanced at Severide before leaving with her partner. 

Voight had partnered Emily and Ruzek together since they worked well together, it was like they knew what each other where planning to do next. As they drove, Emily started to think about leaving Severide at the station without even saying a word to him. The partners had been investigating a case of domestic abuse, and just before Severide arrived at the station - the two had just gotten a call from their victim telling them that his husband was banging on the front door of the house, trying his best to get into the house. When the partners arrived, they could hear an argument coming from inside the house before a gun shot went off. Emily ran into the house first, holding her gun out in front of her. Their victim, Harry Evans, was sat cowering in the corner of the front room with a gun in his hand as the partners inspected the room. 

"Harry, it's Emily. Can you put the gun down for me?" Emily said, lowering her gun while Ruzek checked for a pulse on Harry's husband. Looking towards Emily, Ruzek shook his head. "Harry listen to me, I need you to put the gun on the floor and stand up. Okay?" She spoke again, this time Harry did what she said. "I've got to arrest you okay" Emily told him, placing his hands before putting her hand cuffs on him. "Do you have a Lawyer?" She asked, Harry shook his head. Emily turned Harry around so they where looking directly at each other. "Listen to me. Don't say anything until you get a Lawyer, not even to me" Emily said, after she finished speaking she lead him to her car and placed him in the back seat. 

A few hours later, after calling a Lawyer for Harry Evans, Emily sat at her desk trying to finished some paper work that had seemed to pile on her desk throughout the day. While she sat at her desk, Severide returned to the district and was allowed up to the Intelligence Unit. As he walked through the Squad room, he was greeted with 'hello's' by the other Detectives. When he knocked on Emily's office door, she looked up from her paperwork for a moment with a sigh she waved him him. "Hey" Severide said to her, walking into the office and closing the door before sitting down opposite her.

"What's going on?" Emily asked, wondering why Severide was even at the district. She watched as he looked around the room, not sure of what to say to her. "Is everything okay?" She asked. 

"You where gone the other day when I got back from the call out. I wanted to have a conversation with you, about us?" Kelly said to Emily, smiling a little as he spoke. 

"Us?" Emily questioned unsure of what he meant. 

"Yeah, us"

"A few weeks ago you told me that you don't trust me and now you want to talk about an us? Really Kelly?" Emily questioned unsure of what was actually happening in front of her. 

"I was scared" 

"Scared of what?" 

"You died in my arms Em, you died! I can't lose you. I won't survive. And that's your fault. You made me love you, you made me let you in. And then you fucking died in my arms. If I'm honest, I still don't trust you. But I can't live without you" Severide told her, looking directly into her eyes as he spoke. 

"Kelly, I care about you. But I've hurt you, again and again. I want to be with you, but right now. We need to build up the trust between us. If we are going to be together, then I really want us to be together. No secrets. Nothing. Just us" Emily said, getting up from her chair and walking towards him. 

"I agree with you. Why don't we start again?" Severide asked her, he watched as Emily nodded back to him with a smile on her face. "Hi, I'm Kelly Severide" He said, smiling as he held out a hand to her. 

"Emily Halstead, it's a pleasure to meet you" Emily replied back to him before the two hugged each other. As they separated, Severide looked at her smiling. 

"How do you want to get a coffee tomorrow morning before work? You know, to work on the trust" Severide spoke. 

"Sounds like a plan"

Hey guys, 

Vote and Comment please. 

What do you think of the chapter?