seven.

07. | ARGENT ARE HUNTERS.
( heart monitor )

The past few days had been pretty hectic yet still somewhat laid back for Astrid

The past few days had been pretty hectic yet still somewhat laid back for Astrid. The first (really second) thing that she had experienced with her new supernatural knowledge was an attack that had scarred Lydia Martin for life. She still was somewhat iffy about the strawberry blonde, but that didn't keep her from feeling sorry for the girl when she saw her doped up on medicine after seeing the beast of an Alpha. Yeah, whoever that was could very well be considered insanely terrifying. 

Allison's birthday had also been a very eventful day. Mostly for the 17-year-old and her boyfriend, but the Johansson girl also had some things come out of it. She learned that her best friend actually hated people knowing about her birthday for the simple fact that she was older than everyone else in her class. This made Astrid mention Greenberg, a lacrosse player that just couldn't seem to graduate according to Finstock. 

Speaking of the unusually eccentric teacher, he was giving her a shot to make the lacrosse team at their next practice. The idea came from her father, who mentioned the fact that she got a chance to play lacrosse at one of her other schools during conferencing. After some debate, the coach decided to give her one chance and one chance only. The other notable teacher they spoke to was Harris, who both Johanssons put at the top of their 'most hated' list, agreeing that he was an all-around dick. 

Astrid thought about all of these things as she went to check on her father, who was standing up and making his bed as she walked in. This confused her, since he was just kind of hit with a car at the conferences. Long story short, a cougar had terrified everyone and in the panic, someone was pulling out of their parking space. The deputy had pushed Sheriff Stilinski out of the way to take the hit for him. Everyone was worried for the older man, but he simply said that he was fine and continued on. 

This proved to be true and he turned to face his daughter, "Why are you looking at me like I'm a ghost?" 

"You got hit by a car dad." 

He shrugged, "It wasn't going very fast Ash." 

The girl only shook her head before telling him that Allison was coming to pick her up pretty soon. This made the man ask why he wasn't capable of taking her to school.

"I wasn't expecting you to be up and moving like you got hit with a pillow and not an expensive car." 

Her phone vibrated in her pocket, informing her that Allison was outside, and she gave her father a quick kiss on the cheek before heading outside. She sat in the passenger side, obviously, and put her bag on her lap as the older brunette turned the music down.

"So how's the old guy doing?"

Astrid gave the girl a sarcastic laugh before lying and saying he was a little sore. She still had no idea what it was about the Argents that put Derek Hale off, but if they were dangerous enough to go around shooting people then she didn't want to give the girl an idea that might make them shoot her father. Her theories were the only thing that she had, and if they were out shooting werewolves, she assumed that that made them hunters of a sort. Like Sam and Dean Winchester, and it definitely might have been a family business. That also frightened her - what if her best friend would become one someday?