thirty-five.

35. | MOVIE NIGHT TRADITION.

Astrid ran over to her bedroom window, eyes lighting up at the text she received from Stiles

Astrid ran over to her bedroom window, eyes lighting up at the text she received from Stiles. The brunette opened the window and carefully stepped onto the rooftop of the Johansson home. Her toes scraped against the roof tiles as she bent over the end of the roof, smiling at Stiles. He had an extendable ladder in one hand and a huge bag slung over his shoulder along with another bag in his hand. 

The girl laughed as he threw the bag from his shoulder at her first, catching it with a crinkle. She peered into the bag to find chips and bags of candy. When she looked back down, Stiles was already making his way onto the roof. They had no choice but the sneak around anymore since Makoa caught them in Astrid's room making out and subsequently banned him from the house. That was only two movie nights ago. 

Stiles finally made it onto the roof and pulled the ladder back up, shrinking it and putting it in Astrid's room through the open window. The brunette had disappeared to grab her brand new laptop that she received as an extra early birthday present from Makoa and a ton of blankets that she could place down. When she appeared back outside, the buzz-haired boy had opened the bag in his hand, revealing a styrofoam box full of tacos that he had owed her for a while now.

The two teenagers got comfortable on the newly placed blankets and Astrid already had her laptop open to start scrolling through for movies to watch with a taco in her hand. Stiles leaned over her to grab a bag of candy, kissing her forehead in the process, before settling down next to her. "So what's it gonna be?"

"Disney marathon." Astrid immediately answered, stealing some M&Ms from him for later. 

"Kick-Ass just came out!" 

"Which means I won't find it anywhere and I have no money for the movies, that's against the whole point of this anyway. Plus, we watched all of the Spiderman movies last week, I wanna watch something other than superhero movies." 

"But-" 

"Stiles, we play superheroes literally every day, not everyone gets to see a cute blue Alien and a little Hawaiian girl." she pouted her lip out as far as she could and drooped her eyelids. It was the best way to get him to agree.

"Fine. But you can't get mad at me if I ask questions!"

Astrid smiled as she brought the movie up, setting the laptop down between them. He held her arm out for her to lay her head on and she snuggled as close to him as she could. They stayed like that for a total of five movies, barely awake by the time Princess and the Frog finished up. Astrid had been humming all of the songs to keep herself awake, but it didn't work very well. 

Her eyes were closed as she stopped humming. "We have a little less than three months left of this."

She could feel Stiles' smile on her head. "This is our sixth movie night right?" 

"Fifth." 

"Well, you've been my girlfriend for 3 movie nights now." 

Astrid only moved closer to him, putting an arm on his chest as he pulled her closer. Her body relaxed further as she began to fall asleep, until a sliding sound pulled her from her dreamscape. The girl jumped forward to grab her laptop, which was just on the edge of the roof. Stiles, also pulled from his sleep, helped her back up onto the roof. 

The girl stumbled into her bedroom and placed her laptop onto her dresser. They wordlessly agreed to sleep in her room, the plan set in stone once Stiles brought the blankets in from outside. He knew better than to argue with her about leaving so late - she never wanted him to drive home tired. 

Stiles laid down on his pallet next to her bed, getting comfortable down there by himself. Instead of laying in her own bed, Astrid fell down next to him and got underneath him again, grabbing his shirt in the process.

"You're adorable when you're tired."

She put a single finger to his lips and shushed him. "Go to sleep."

Stiles let out a low laugh as he put her hand back to her side, noticing that she was still asleep. He placed a soft kiss to her temple before allowing himself to relax for the night. He would stay like that forever if it meant he could look at her like that longer - at peace and relaxed. How they all should have been without the supernatural to challenge their everyday lives.

{Word Count: 805}

aaaaaand that's the end of this book! sneak book of the next book, Powerful (well just the cover):

each book has a color theme, and this book's theme was pink - love and vulnerability.

Powerful's theme will be green - growth and life - which will make much more sense as you guys read on.

but anyways, I will publish the next book ASAP so you guys can add it to your libraries for when I begin updating. thank you for the love and support on this series so far! see y'all next update :)