twenty-six.

26. | PROTECTING LYDIA MARTIN.
( venomous )

Kanima. That half-man, half-lizard freak was called a Kanima. Astrid had no idea where it came from, nor did she care to do homework on it over the weekend. But Derek knew what it was. Partially, at least. He told the teenagers that it was a shapeshifter, like the wolves. But apparently something had gone wrong during its transformation - resulting in a snake with limbs.

Astrid had, however, been expecting some sort of vision again. Every time the Kanima appeared someone had died and she got a vision before or after she found out about the death. It hadn't killed anyone at the pool but it had to have been there to kill someone. But nothing came to her.

It weirded Astrid out that she was actually wanting one of her visions for once. That just screamed 'serial killer in the making' to her. But if one were to look at it from a different view, they would find that it made perfect sense. Maybe not perfect but close enough.

Astrid thought about this all morning, up until the passing period before chemistry. That happened to be when Stiles and Scott were all wound up. And looking for the female brunette.

"Bad news," Astrid jumped when she heard a random voice behind her. She turned around unusually fast to find that it was only Stiles. She responded by narrowing her eyes in irritation. "Derek's going around testing people with Kanima venom to see if they're the Kanima. He already tested Jackson; Lydia's next."

Astrid pulled both boys along with her as she continued walking to class. "Like having them ingest the venom? Or just smearing it on them?"

"Ingesting. If they get paralyzed then apparently they're free to leave." Scott explained.

"Also, Isaac got Jackson to retract his eyewitness testimony." Stiles randomly threw in.

Astrid frowned as they entered the classroom, "So that means Isaac is allowed to be seen around town again. But when and where are they testing her?"

All three looked up to make sure Lydia was in the classroom. And there she sat - middle lab table in the front row, flipping through a notebook. But two other people entering the room caught their attention.

Erica and Isaac, both clad head to toe in black. God, they really were a part of Derek's pack.

"I think here and now," Scott whispered. He and Stiles took off to grab seats surrounding Lydia, while Astrid took a seat at the table to the strawberry blonde's left. 

Erica and Isaac were forced to sit at the table behind Lydia. Allison entered the classroom and sat in the empty chair next to Astrid.

"Einstein once said, "Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity; And I'm not sure about the universe." I myself have encountered infinite stupidity. So to combat the plague of ignorance in my class, you're going to combine efforts through a round of group experiments. Let's see if two heads are indeed better than one. Or in Mr. Stilinski's case, less than one. Erica, you take the first station. You'll start with-" Harris' annoying speech finally ceased. If only for a moment and just to analyze the actions of the sexual deviants Astrid had to call classmates. "I didn't ask for volunteers. Put your hormonal little hands down. Start with Mr. McCall. All right, next two."