sixteen.

16. | HOSPITAL VISITS.

 | HOSPITAL VISITS

"Stiles I'm fine. It's a sprained ankle, my entire leg didn't come off." Astrid groaned as she stepped on her right foot, pain shooting up her calf once more.

It had been about a day and a half since the winter formal, which had surprisingly been quite calm for the group of teenagers. Well, calm in a supernatural sense. Not so much in the normal sense. The police were wondering what exactly had put both Lydia and Astrid in the hospital and it was difficult coming up with a realistic lie. Lydia's injuries could easily be blamed on a wild animal, whereas the sprained ankle could have been blamed on the damn heels that the brunette had to wear to formal - except there was also a handprint-shaped bruise around her neck. It didn't help that Makoa was emotionally unstable the entire time.

"You know why I'm on edge," Stiles helped the girl back onto the hospital bed before sighing. "Just the thought of formal gives me anxiety."

"Good thing the nightmare is over and Peter and Kate are dead."

Aside from two girls being hospitalized that night, multiple other things had to take place. Allison finally found out about the supernatural, and while that should have been relieving, it wasn't. Since that night she was hesitant to talk to the younger brunette if she even did talk to her. She knew all about the three keeping it from her the entire time, but for some reason, she had been taking it all out on Astrid.

Peter was dead and that lifted the heaviest burden off of their shoulders. It was revealed that he had been after Kate Argent the entire time - the beautiful, charismatic yet psychopathic woman that burned the Hale house down to the ground. She'd been killed right in front of Allison, and in turn, the older Hale was killed by Derek in front of everyone else. Apparently, he was now the Alpha of Beacon Hills.

Scott and Stiles had come in the day before to tell the girl everything that had occurred. They would have come in earlier but she wasn't awake yet. The doctors couldn't tell them why it took so long for the girl to wake up, leading Astrid to suggest that they didn't want to tell her that she was on the brink of death. The boys had yet to tell her what was going on with Lydia - she had to recover first and then she could jump back into the action.

"Yeah... the nightmare's over," the brunette boy looked up from his hands and back up to the girl. "So how are you feeling?"

Astrid laughed, something she wouldn't have imagined herself doing considering the situation. "You've asked me this seventy times since you got here, I'm fine. They'll probably just put me in a splint for the first week that I'm out and then I'll come back and get a brace. We're lucky that it wasn't anything worse."

"He could have killed you."

"But he didn't and he's dead," the brunette looked past the teenager in front of her and towards the window. "Cops are coming back in to ask me questions."