eight.

08. | RUNNING FROM AN ALPHA.
( night school, part one )

Astrid stood farthest from the door, her mind racing to process what had just happened

Astrid stood farthest from the door, her mind racing to process what had just happened. She didn't notice the yelling from the boys and she surely didn't notice Stiles preparing to leave. The only thing that she did notice was the deafening sound of her heart pumping in her ears. Her brown eyes looked up at the door as it closed before realizing that one brunette was gone. Her feet carried her forward and she looked through the small window, watching the skinny boy inch forward towards an object on the ground. 

She looked over at Scott with an accusing look, "You idiot! You let him go out there?"

"He's trying to get something to hold the doors!" the boy yelled back, making the girl roll her eyes.

"What are a pair of tiny bolt cutters going to do Scott?"

Instead of replying, his eyes drifted back to the outside. The brunette watched as his eyes widened in alarm before banging his hand against the door to get Stiles' attention. Astrid herself looked out to find the monstrous Alpha creeping out from behind the Jeep. Once he noticed the even worse danger, the teenager quickly grabbed the object and sprinted back inside, placing the cutters over the door.

A moment passed with the three teenagers catching their breath, heartbeats slowing down back to their normal paces. The Alpha wasn't outside anymore and even though it should have frightened them to death, the fact that it wasn't staring at them directly was a good thing. 

The group backed up with Scott sending his two friends a cautious look, "That won't hold will it?"

"What do you think?" the girl snipped, making the two boys glance back at her. 

Stiles turned the flashlight so it was beaming down the hallway and a loud howl from outside sent the group running. They turned into the nearest classroom and immediately went to move something in front of the door, though as soon as they moved the desk it squeaked a lot louder than they needed. 

Astrid's head began to race again as the other two started to argue - this time about the identity of the Alpha. While Stiles believed it to be Deaton, Scott's boss, the Latino refused to even consider the possibility. Instead of hyperventilating like she felt like doing, the brunette yelled for the boys to shut up. 

They both turned to her as she took a deep breath, "Look. Personally I don't think that Deaton is the Alpha because he looks too nice to murder people left and right. But fuck all of our personal opinions and focus on not dying."

Stiles took her advice and the conversation then shifted to Derek dying. Despite what she saw with her own eyes, the Johansson girl voiced her opinion on that too.

"I don't know if he's dead or not but if he shows up with a smart ass comment sometime this week he clearly isn't. Can we please get the hell out of here now?"