eleven.

11. | JERSEY #7.
( wolf's bane, part one )

Derek Hale was alive and well

Derek Hale was alive and well. Apparently being a werewolf saves you from being impaled by insanely large claws. Not only did this pose a problem for the three supernaturally involved teenagers - it posed a huge freaking problem. For one, Derek scared the hell out of Astrid when he showed up in Scott's bedroom after the beta broke out of his restraints during the full moon. Needless to say she almost had a stroke and accused him of being a ghost based on how pale he was. The other issue was the fact that Sheriff Stilinski and the Argents were now looking for him and nothing went unnoticed.

Which is exactly why the sixteen-year-olds were all inside of the Hale werewolf's pitch black Camaro, driving away from one of the hunters. Astrid looked behind her to see how far ahead they were, and the blinding headlights didn't stop her from seeing that they didn't have that big of a lead.

"Can we go a little faster Scott?" the brunette stressed, hysteria taking over. 

She wasn't supernatural and she had known these guys for a couple of months. There was no reason for her to even be there and most of the time she was wondering why she was still hanging out with them. 

"Faster?" the boy, who happened to be driving, asked in his typical high-pitched voice.

"Much faster." Stiles agreed, before the shaggy-haired teen stepped on the gas. 

This helped them move up just a little more and as the car made a sharp turn, Astrid fell to the side and bumped her head on the window. As she got up she moved forward and slapped McCall upside the head before Stiles grabbed her hand. 

"Please don't slap the driver," he yelled before turning to his best friend, "Scott, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here."

"If I go faster, I'll kill us." he said, glancing in the rear view.

"They aren't stopping and I don't plan on dying over a misunderstanding. So speed it up dammit!" the youngest yelled, resulting in the car lurching forward again as it sped up. 

It took a few more turns before the girl had the guts to look back again. When she did, the car was nowhere to be seen and Stiles voiced what she was planning to say. The buzz-haired boy turned on the radio and Sheriff's voice emitted through it. 

"All units, suspect is on foot heading into the iron works."

His son looked up from the walkie-talkie to the other two teenagers. With that single glance Scott had turned the car at a sharp angle and they were on the way through the iron works. Astrid spotted an opening and pointed to it. The car continued speeding and only stopped once all three noticed the familiar leather jacket of Derek. Being close enough to see him again made the girl imagine the large claw protruding from his chest once more but it was gone with another blink of the eye.