fourteen.

14. | DRESS SHOPPING.
( formality, part one )

A half-asleep Astrid groggily opened her eyes while the morning sunlight streamed through her window

A half-asleep Astrid groggily opened her eyes while the morning sunlight streamed through her window. Her body was sprawled out on the queen-sized mattress and her hair laid in all directions on her pillow and in her face. The teenager stretched in her bed before rubbing her eyes, opening them once more when she was done.

Through the corner of her slightly blurred eyes, she was sure that she saw a familiar leather trench coat in the corner of her room. The idea of Peter Hale being in her room made the girl sit up in alarm, but when she blinked the supposed intruder was gone. 

A heavy sigh escaped her lips before she held her head, pushed her hair out of her face, and got out of bed. She immediately went to the bathroom and showered, enjoying the feel of the warm water cascading down her body. The outside chill of Beacon Hills had someway made its way into her room during the night. The cold made goosebumps appear on her arms once she stepped back into her room wrapped in her towel but it didn't take long for her to find an outfit after her shower - a simple sweater, jeans, and boots would suffice for the day. 

She walked down her staircase and into the kitchen, where her dad sat at the table reading the newspaper. She grabbed a porcelain bowl from the cabinet and poured herself a bowl.

"Mornin' Ash." 

"Morning dad," the girl sat down at the table and ate a spoonful of Honey Smacks. "So do you want to do something today?" 

The older Johansson looked over his newspaper at his daughter. "Are you okay?" 

"I'm fine; also kind of offended right now." 

Grimacing, the older man sat the newspaper down, "Sorry kid. It's just you've kind of been gone with your friends all the time since we moved here." 

"Well I don't have school today," or any supernatural mess she thought. "So let's go have some fun." 

⁂