twenty-eight.

28. | ROMANTIC PURSUITS.
( restraint, part one )

Astrid swiped at her face for fiftieth time in the past half hour, getting even more angry at herself for being so upset

Astrid swiped at her face for fiftieth time in the past half hour, getting even more angry at herself for being so upset. Of course her dad didn't trust her - she wouldn't have trusted herself either if she was in his shoes. But she couldn't stop herself from crying no matter how much she told herself that his reaction was normal.

The brunette allowed her shoulders to slump as she placed her hands in her lap. She had gotten off the phone with Allison a few minutes ago and that gave her time to notice something important - she really wanted some ice cream. It just so happened that they had some in the refrigerator, too. 

Astrid placed one foot on the carpeted floor, curling her toes at how cold it was, and got up from her bed. As she moved towards her door, a loud knock came from outside of her window. The girl whirled around to face it, grabbing one of her sports trophies in the process.

She didn't want to go near the window at all, but once the knock sounded again she began to move towards it slowly. Astrid's grip on the trophy tightened the closer she got to the window. Before a third knock could come, the brunette ripped the curtains open and was greeted with the face of a worried Stiles.

Sighing, she threw her trophy on the bed and unlocked the window before pushing it up and helping him through. The boy fit through the window easily. Once he was in, he adjusted his hoodie before looking up at her with a slight smile.

"Thanks for not using that on me."

"I decided last minute I didn't want a felony for manslaughter." Astrid sat on the foot of her bed and leaned back on her hands. "How'd you get on the roof anyway?"

"I can be athletic when I want to," he smiled at the teenage girl as he sat down next to her. Then, a serious expression took over his face. "but seriously, I wanted to check on you."

"I'm fine, Stiles." 

"Your eyes are red. So, either you were crying or smoking weed, and judging by the lack of strong smells in here I'm gonna go with the first." he proclaimed matter-of-factly. 

Astrid only shook her head as she stared off at a random corner of her room. "I just don't get it. Out of all of the things he could've thought were going on with me he chose to believe that I was having sex for money. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but that is one of the absolute last things I would resort to. I barely have enough self-confidence to wear my hair down, let alone use my vagina, one of the only things that can really overpower a man, to make myself rich. 

"And it doesn't help that he thought saying that in front of the entire sheriff's department was smart. He's never been one to publicly express his emotions, but suddenly accusing his daughter of illegal activity and making her feel like shit is a-okay. And not even owning up to everything I said - how damned self-centered could you be? I wouldn't trade my dad for the world, but he was far from a perfect father. And then I was fine with being angry and angsty but I got home and I just started sobbing. I'm not even sad I'm just pissed!"