nineteen.

19. | ISAAC.
( shape-shifted, part one )

After being grounded over the weekend due to her spying on a funeral, Astrid was ready to get back to playing lacrosse

After being grounded over the weekend due to her spying on a funeral, Astrid was ready to get back to playing lacrosse. It would help her take her mind off of some things, like the disturbing fact that the new Argents in town were willing to cut werewolves in half for the death of Kate Argent. Or that Lydia hadn't been showing any signs of being a werewolf and that left the question as to what she was. Allison had even come over while Makoa was at work in order to help her figure out what the girl could have been, but the search resulted in absolutely nothing. She didn't mention her visions to any of her friends, instead deciding to try and forget them all together. Except that they were too vivid for her to even try and forget. 

But her ankle had for sure healed fully, so she didn't have to hold back at practice anymore. Though her dad still wanted her to wear the brace just in case. And her uncle Dom came over with three of her cousins. One of which would be a freshman next year. Even though she was grounded, Dom convinced her dad that she couldn't be grounded from family. So the two oldest girls got to know each other a little bit and it was nice to get a real glimpse at that side of the family. 

But now Astrid had other things to focus on and shoved the weekend's relaxing thoughts away from her mind. She could feel her bun move on top of her head as she walked into the locker room yet she didn't think of anything except for the fact that her hoodie was incredibly warm. It made her dread when she had to take it off and head into the cold February air. 

The brunette grabbed her lacrosse bag and dropped it to the floor before placing her school bag in her locker. As she bent down to grab her clothes, she noticed Isaac standing by his locker and looking at her. But the strange thing was that his black eye, which was pretty much a deep purple, was completely gone. A black eye like his would have taken at least a week to just start clearing up...

Instead of saying anything though, she only waved. They had begun talking in Statistics a lot and recently partnered up. She didn't want to ruin it by assuming things.  But she did let herself dwell on the idea of him being a werewolf as she changed into her practice clothes. 

Astrid hadn't even realized that Stiles and Scott had made it to practice until there was a continuous rattle of chains coming from the locker beside her. She watched as length after length of metal chains fell from the buzz-haired boy's locker. It gained the attention of every other player in the room, along with coach. 

"Part of me wants to ask. The other part says knowing will be more disturbing than anything I could ever imagine." the older man slowly backed away from the locker with his hands up. "So.... I'm gonna walk away." 

"That's good. That's a wise choice, coach." she could hear Stiles agree.

She waited for everyone to continue talking after the incident was over with, though there was only a tense silence. Astrid looked up from her locker once more to find that everyone was now staring at her. Her eyes immediately went to the boys to ask if anything was wrong. Scott was motioning wildly around his body and this made the girl look down at her own.