thirty.

30. | FORCE OF WILL.
( raving )

Astrid sat with her head against her pillow, staring at the ceiling as if it held some sort of secret message for her

Astrid sat with her head against her pillow, staring at the ceiling as if it held some sort of secret message for her. So much had happened that day - the Kanima attacking in the library, the chaos in the hospital after they brought Matt in, Stiles' confession - but also so little. It made her head ache. 

The brunette jumped as Makoa Johansson entered her room abruptly. She didn't move to face him or even acknowledge his presence, though. She was still very upset with him. Rightfully so, in her mind.

"Can we talk?"

He was quiet, as if he sensed her suddenly perturbed attitude. The teenager didn't care about his attentiveness, she just wanted him gone right now. Instead of leaving like she wanted, however, her dad took it as a silent approval and sat at the end of her bed. Narrowly avoiding her feet and within hearing distance. 

"I don't apologize for what I said, but I do apologize for the way I said it," he started, looking down at his hands, which were folded in his lap. "I know this move has been hard for you and you're probably wondering why we even moved back here. I, uh, don't think that I'm going to be able to raise you alone anymore kiddo." 

Astrid sat up then, her eyebrows furrowed as she repositioned herself against her headboard. "You've raised me on your own since I was two. Why is this any different?"

"You'll be 17 in a few months and with the way things are going now, it's only going to get worse. You need family to confide in and you'll need girls to do that," he paused like he was choosing his next words carefully. He let loose a sigh, finally facing the teenage girl. "I'm just scared for you Ash, you're hardly ever home and when you do come home it's late at night. I just don't think the kids you hang out with are a good influence. Especially that Stilinski kid."

"You'd talk down on the Sheriff's son? Shocking," she crossed her arms and bit the inside of her cheek. "I'm sorry that I'm enjoying having friends for once, really. But everything is fine and I'm fine. My grades should give you that impression."

Makoa raised an eyebrow, "You have a C+ in statistics."

It was news to Astrid, but she didn't let it show on her face. Instead, she let her face deepen even further. "My partner is Isaac Lahey and he keeps blowing stuff off after he was locked up. So my teacher keeps giving me awful grades and I have to pull the entire project off myself. It's taken me a while."

Makoa said nothing more, only got up and left Astrid's room. The brunette let a sigh loose that she didn't even realize she was holding. She always hated lying to him, but it wasn't entirely a lie. Plus, he was pissed at her and acting like an ass. So why did she feel so awful?

Maybe she just needed to get all of the lies off of her chest was all.