thirty-two.

32. | TWO TAKEOVERS.
( fury )

Astrid's heart hammered in her chest with every unanswered call to Allison

Astrid's heart hammered in her chest with every unanswered call to Allison. She had been blowing the girl's phone up since they left the party and hadn't gotten a call back yet. Scott, Stiles and her had gone back to Stiles' to convince Sheriff Stilinski that Matt was the killer and now they were on their way to the station for evidence. Stilinski wouldn't just take her or Scott's word for it so they had to resort to this option.

The four stepped into the station, Astrid at the back, and the deputy at the front desk looked at them as if they were insane. Sheriff Stilinski spoke to her while the three teenagers stood behind him, looking at one another. 

"We look at the hospital stuff first, okay?" Stiles whispered to the other two.

"What's so important there?" Astrid asked.  

Stiles frowned at her. "Because all the murders were committed by Jackson, except for one, you remember?" 

"The pregnant girl, Jessica." Scott chimed in.

"Yeah. Since Matt had to kill her himself, somebody from the hospital could've seen him."

Stiles' dad called for the teenagers to follow him. They were barely into the hallway leading to the Sheriff's office before Astrid's name was called. She turned around to face her father, who looked pissed again, just like he had when he confronted her in that exact hallway last time.

"Why haven't you answered your phone and why are you here?"

"Phone's dead," she held up the device for emphasis. "and we're doing something important."

"We know who the murderer is and now we need evidence." Stiles jumped into their conversation.

Astrid turned around to glare at the boy, who shrinked away behind Scott, before directing her attention back to her dad. Makoa was looking at her with an unreadable expression before he crossed his arms tightly. "No." 

"She can stay and help-" Stiles' dad started, making Makoa's eyes snap up to the man behind his daughter.

"That's not your choice to make."

The tension between the two adults was apparent to all three teenagers then. It had been there for a while, but Astrid didn't exactly care about their problems. Whatever police drama they had going on could wait.

The girl brought her best angered expression out, stepping closer to Makoa. "I'm trying to save countless more people and you won't let me! Two of my best friends are missing and I have no idea where they are and I am damn sure I just saw the killer of those innocent people," she paused to calm herself before looking up to him pleadingly. "Your shift is over and I have adult supervision, now go home and let me do this. Please."

It felt like hours before he responded. Like he had to take in just how pathetic she sounded and decide if he was going to listen to her plea. He finally sighed and gave her permission, but Astrid didn't allow the excitement to show on her face. She just nodded and watched as Makoa left the building to go home. She didn't let herself go into the Sheriff's office until she saw his car drive into the night.