twenty-four.

24. | BEAST PROBLEMS.
( abomination, part one )

The rain pounded on the roof of Scott McCall's car, slowly lulling Astrid Johansson back to sleep

The rain pounded on the roof of Scott McCall's car, slowly lulling Astrid Johansson back to sleep. The girl had been exhausted after driving Scott to the animal clinic to deal with his injuries and then walk all the way home. But thirty minutes after she had gotten comfortable in her bed, the werewolf had texted her and told her to be ready within the next 10 minutes. Ready to her just mean throwing on her black vans and an overly large hoodie, which made it look as if she didn't have pants on.     

Astrid could've cared less though; the heat was on inside of the car and all she wanted to do was get some much needed rest. Red and blue lights flashed through the fogged windows and the colors danced on the girl's skin as she flipped onto her back. She was sure that her dad would be at the crime scene, which forced her to lay down and wait until they were far away to sit back up again.

"So why was I forced to wake up out of an amazing sleep to come here?" she asked quietly.

The werewolf looked at her in the rear view mirror. "Because I figured that you would be able to help, you know, being able to see death and all." 

"It's not like that." Astrid groaned, stretching her legs out some. "It appears when it wants to, either before or after, and it's very vague. I have no idea who is killed or who or what kills them."

Scott clicked his tongue as he looked out of the window. "Something attacked Stiles and killed a mechanic. A shifter, but not a werewolf. We don't think anyways."

The passenger side door opened and Stiles got in, almost making the girl sit up. Knowing that she couldn't and not wanting to be laying down and fall asleep during the conversation, the girl propped herself up on her elbow. 

"You're not hurt, are you?" she asked, concern flooding her eyes.

Stiles looked back and nodded his head, flinging water over the passenger seat, before tilting it to the side. "Why are you laying down?" 

"Is my dad here?" 

"I think so, yeah." 

She smiled at him, "That's why." 

He didn't smile back and she couldn't miss how shaken up he looked. She didn't know what had happened, probably didn't want to and probably wouldn't ever know. He kept his head down and looked at his lap. "You were right. It's not like you. I mean, its eyes were almost like, reptilian. But there was something about them."

"What do you mean?" Scott asked. 

Stiles kept his eyes focused in front of him as he spoke to the two. "You know when you see, like, a friend in a Halloween mask, but all you can actually see are their eyes and you feel like you know 'em but you just can't figure out who it is?"

Astrid propped her head on the corner of Scott's seat. "You think you know who it is?"

"No, but I think it knew me."