twenty-one.

21. | ERICA.
( ice pick, part one )

Astrid paused in her rapid scaling of the rock wall and decided to look down

Astrid paused in her rapid scaling of the rock wall and decided to look down. Her partner happened to be Greenburg and she was pretty sure that he had been staring at her non-existent ass the entire way. As soon as they were called up to the wall he took it slow, incredibly slow in fact, probably not even realizing that he was still at the bottom. She climbed up about four more rocks, stopping right in front of the top.

"I hope you enjoy the view, pervert," she called down to him, looking back and noticing he had moved up a little. "Cause the slowest person in class gets an F." 

She could see the panic in his eyes as her hand slammed against the wall and the cheers of her classmates followed. The brunette didn't want to climb back down, instead deciding to just jump and let the harness break her fall. There was a click once she was pretty much suspended a foot off of the ground and another click that allowed her feet to touch the mat. The girl undid her harness and rubbed at where the ropes had been tightened around her thighs, noticing faint red marks.

Coach clapped her on the back, making her frown at the older man. "Good hustle, Johansson! McCall and Argent, you're up!" 

Allison pat her friend on the shoulder as they passed each other, making Astrid smile at the girl in return. The younger brunette found Stiles waiting at the front and stood next to him. A blonde girl was standing to her left and Astrid smiled at her. The girl didn't return it. Instead, her eyes were focused on the wall ahead of her and if Astrid didn't know any better, she'd say that the girl was terrified.

"Are you okay?" the brunette asked, startling the other girl. 

The blonde nodded her head. "Yeah, I'm fine."

Astrid left her alone, as it was clear that she didn't want to be spoken to. She just stood there and watched her two friends scale up the wall, noticing the playful banter they exchanged.

"Hey, what sports did you do at your other schools?" Stiles suddenly asked, making the girl laugh.

"Why?" 

The boy shrugged, "Gerard said that you're an accomplished athlete and I just wondered what that meant." 

"Cheer, cross country, volleyball, basketball, swim, lacrosse and softball. It depended on what they had going at every school. I tried to do some of the guy sports but I lived in a lot of sexist states so..." 

Stiles went to say something, only to be interrupted as Scott was kicked from the wall by Allison. He fell back towards the ground but his harness halted his movement. He hovered about six inches off the ground for a few seconds before his back met the mat. Everyone that was watching laughed, while coach went up to talk to the werewolf. 

The man stood up and checked his clipboard. "All right, next two. Stilinski, Erica, let's go. The wall."

Allison motioned for the younger brunette to join her by Lydia and the girl did so happily. Lydia didn't pay attention to the girl, as she was too busy glaring at her ex-boyfriend. Yesterday morning, the strawberry blonde had told the other girls what he told her when she tried to thank him for saving her life. It made Astrid want to destroy the blonde's precious Porsche, but Lydia had talked her out of it. For the time being, at least.