thirty-three.

33. | THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.
( battlefield )

Everything was wrong now, thanks to Matt

Everything was wrong now, thanks to Matt. Even after he drowned in that ravine everything had gotten worse. Scott's mom was avoiding him at all costs since he had to reveal his werewolf nature to her; Stiles wasn't talking to her now; Allison had shut everyone out since her mom's death; and every time Astrid looked at her dad all she would see was a murdered deputy's face. 

Sheriff Stilinski, now reinstated, wanted all three kids to talk to the guidance counselor as soon as school was back in session. The knowledge of what happened wasn't just in their circle anymore, though, which made going to school hard. It was like every corner that Astrid turned, someone would stop, stare and start whispering. 

She was a mix of emotions anymore. Some days she felt indescribably angry for no reason, others she just wanted to be alone. Some nights she kept thinking about when Matt put that gun to her head, but instead of what really happened he pulled the trigger. Those nights she would wake up screaming and her dad would rush in. Astrid never believed any of it was real, that her and Makoa had both died and that the morning would never come. So she would stay up until the sun was shining through her window and sleep through the day if she could.

Astrid currently sat in a cushioned chair outside of Morrell's office. She was tapping her fingers against her thigh, hellbent on making this session go as quickly as possible. Stiles was finishing up his session and Scott had already gone earlier. Astrid managed to catch Scott before he left, hoping to ask the werewolf why his best friend was acting strange.

"Well, I think it has something to do with Derek. How excited you got when he showed up?"

It wasn't much to go off of, but Astrid would make him talk. His mind confused her to no end, even though it was one of the things that attracted her. 

Astrid's head snapped up as she looked up to the opening door. Stiles walked out with his lacrosse stick in hand and didn't even look at her. She tried not to let the hurt show, but the way she stormed past Morrell into the office said enough. 

The brunette resumed the taps on her thighs, though it was quicker than last time. Her other hand rested against her cheek while she waited for Morrell to sit down. The woman took her time: closed the door quietly, strode over to her file cabinet and sat it in front of her before sitting in the plush office chair. 

The two stared at each other for quite some time before the psychologist cleared her throat and sat up straighter. "Do you have a problem with being here, Astrid?"

"I've already had a therapist, they don't work for me."

"I don't like to think of myself as a therapist. I just balance things out in a person," Morrell folded her hands on top of her desk. She tilted her head slightly to the right, making her silky straight hair sway. "How do you feel about Matt's death?"