nine.

09. | SELF-IGNITING MOLOTOV COCKTAIL.
( night school, part two )

Astrid took a few deep breaths before coughing, grasping at her chest as if that would soothe her burning lungs

Astrid took a few deep breaths before coughing, grasping at her chest as if that would soothe her burning lungs. Once she had regained her composure the girl looked over her shoulder - hoping she didn't see those red Alpha eyes staring back at her. Luckily the only thing behind her was darkness and her head returned to its natural position. 

In front of her, Scott suddenly stopped as they all turned the corner, "Wait. Do you hear that?"

The brunette strained to hear whatever it was that the werewolf was hearing and Stiles expressed the same confusion. Apparently it was a cellphone ringing which didn't make sense unless there was another person in the building.

"There's no one else here unless it's the janitor's phone but he's dead now." she whispered harshly, her fear of the Alpha coming back once more.

Scott's face twisted into one of fear, "I know that ring. It's Allison's phone."

Upon hearing her best friend's name, goosebumps began appearing on the girl's arms. She wasted no time in turning around and going back up the stairs as the boys followed hopelessly behind her.

"Astrid!" Stiles yelled to no avail since she didn't even slow down. 

"Tell her to meet us in the cafeteria!" the brunette yelled back before deciding that it wasn't safe for them to split up. 

She bounced on her heels until the boys caught up with her, every nerve in her body urging her to keep moving. Allison was on the phone, meaning that she was unharmed, but knowing that a bloodthirsty werewolf is prowling around the school for teenagers doesn't ease anyone's thoughts. The sixteen-year-old opened the door in front of her slightly before peering out and checking the hallway. After making sure it was clear she silently jogged across, recalling the route to the cafeteria easily. 

Once they got closer to the cafeteria her nerves for Allison turned into nerves about the girl. Why did she come to the school? What lie were they going to have to tell this time? For once in her life Astrid actually felt anxiety, fear and anger all at the same time. Needless to say it was overwhelming and she didn't think she would have the will to keep what was going on from her friend this time.

Two familiar red doors came into view and the girl pushed to reveal Allison Argent jogging up to the trio. The younger brunette didn't even hesitate to throw her arms around the taller girl's neck and pull her into a hug. As her eyes looked down at Astrid is confusion, the werewolf stepped out from behind her. 

"Why did you come? What are you doing here?" even though he sounded the slightest bit angry, the younger girl knew that he was only concerned about Allison's safety just as she was. 

Mirroring the same confusion she gave her best friend the brunette replied, "Because you asked me to."

Stiles looked at the brunette beside him with eyes that held the same question hers did. Scott didn't even have time to send a text, they've been too busy trying not to die all night. As the couple discussed the supposed 'message', the other two stepped up to stand behind their werewolf friend.