twenty-nine.

29. | A DETENTION FOR THE BOOKS.
( restraint, part two )

Astrid purposely scraped her feet against the ground the entire walk to the library

Astrid purposely scraped her feet against the ground the entire walk to the library. It was a good thing that no one in the group had said anything, she wasn't going to stop doing it just for their sake and they didn't need another fight that resulted in another detention. 

She grudgingly took a seat across from Erica, seeing as the table behind her consisted of Matt, Allison and Jackson. She hated leaving Allison alone, but she hated Jackson a lot more. But the way Erica was staring at her didn't exactly make her comfortable either...

"Oh, uh... We can't be in detention together. I have a restraining order against these tools." Jackson's voice suddenly cut through the girls' staring session, making Astrid jump slightly. 

Harris looked at Jackson with that usual annoyed face he had. "All of these tools?"

"No, just us tools." Stiles raised his hand awkwardly, pointing to Scott in the process, and Astrid sighed.

"Fine. You two, over there."

Scott and Stiles were forced to move to another table, leaving Astrid and Erica at the table with each other. Cue the tension increasing tenfold.

"My name's Jackson Whittemore and I'm a pretentious dick that thinks my money gives me even more privileges than I should have." the brunette muttered under her breath. 

"You always did have a strange sense of humor, Astrid." Erica said, crossing her arms over her chest. 

Astrid noticed the way that the female werewolf pressed her chest out, but made sure her eyes didn't linger. The brunette allowed her head to fall to the side as she narrowed her eyes slightly at the werewolf.

"You say that like you know me."

"Well enough. I mean, you interest me. You're cute, somewhat unpredictable and you know how to put up a fight. At least, that last part's what I've heard from Derek." 

"Glad to know he thinks so highly of me," Astrid let her voice drawl. "Am I a highly rated chew toy amongst the other wolves of Derek's pack? Because that's what vibe I'm getting."

"You have a lot of interest in you lately, and I'm starting to see why... First Scott, then Isaac, and now Stiles."

"Scott and I are friends, nothing more."

"Did you forget that I can sense emotions? He's thought some... more than friendly things about you. But I value girl friendships, so it's okay, don't worry. I won't tell."

"What are you getting out of this, Erica?"

"Poor Isaac. His short crush was more out of pity than anything. But gosh, was it so sickening to feel. Every time you were around he just..." she looked up at the ceiling and sighed, before looking back down at the Johansson teenager. "But then you just jumped to Stiles so fast. Didn't even let him down easy."