seventeen.

17. | GONE GIRL.
( omega, part one )

Astrid uncrossed her legs as Melissa McCall finished doing her rounds

Astrid uncrossed her legs as Melissa McCall finished doing her rounds. The brunette was sitting next to Stiles, who insisted that they stay in the hospital all day for Lydia again. The older woman had been watching the teenagers all night, since they came in a few hours ago. It had been quite amusing - Stiles fell asleep about an hour ago and has since been mumbling random things that made the teenage girl laugh while she waited with the boy.

She hadn't been that thrilled with having to be in the hospital again. But it wasn't about her, it was about Lydia. And if Allison couldn't be there thanks to her being preoccupied by a certain werewolf boyfriend of hers then Astrid would have to do. 

The brunette looked up at the nurse before smiling, "How do you deal with him on a daily basis?" 

"He's like a son to me," the nurse shrugged before putting her clipboard down. "How's your ankle?"

Astrid scoffed with a faint smile still on her face. "A lot better than it should be. My dad says I should probably keep the splint on for a few more days and then switch to the brace." 

She watched as a man came out of Lydia's hospital room, who she figured was her dad. The older girl never talked about him much and she just figured that the two Martins' relationship wasn't that good. He started speaking to Ms. McCall as Stiles twisted around in his sleep and managed to put his leg in the girl's lap.

"You're dirty." he was smiling in his sleep and managed to say it right when a janitor walked by. The woman gave him a bewildered look before heading in another direction.

The brunette hit the other teenager hard in the chest, making the boy sit up slightly and look around. He fumbled a bit with the balloon he brought before sitting all the way up and rubbing his eyes.

"What time is it?"

"Ah, Sleeping Beauty is finally awake," the girl teased, earning a glare. "It's 10:34."

The buzz hair boy stretched in his seat while the girl leaned her head against the wall. "I'm hungry." 

He looked over to her. "Then go get something." 

Gesturing to her ankle and holding her leg up for extra measure, the girl squealed. "I was injured in the line of duty. Help a girl out." 

"What do you want?" 

"A Reese's, please." 

She smiled at him as he left, though he only narrowed his eyes and walked away. While she waited on her chocolate, she glanced down at her ankle again. She was relieved that it was healing even better than it should have - lacrosse was one of her only escapes from the drama of the supernatural. She would (figuratively, of course) die without it. 

A loud crash made her stand up and look around the corner, where she found Stiles hunched over a fallen vending machine. The girl slapped a hand to her forehead, almost deciding to waddle her way over there until she heard a scream.