thirty-four.

34. | DOUBLE CROSSES AND THE POWER OF LOVE.
( master plan )

It took Astrid a total of three minutes to head back to the locker room, change and meet Scott and Isaac to speak to Sheriff Stilinski

It took Astrid a total of three minutes to head back to the locker room, change and meet Scott and Isaac to speak to Sheriff Stilinski. Her hair was still a wind-blown mess, but it reflected her inner feelings well so she didn't touch it. 

In her heart she knew that Gerard had him. He wasn't dead - she knew by the lack of visions and Scott mentioned Gerard using Jackson to kill someone. Technically, Jackson had killed himself so someone else dying by his hand wasn't on the table. 

The sheriff looked frazzled standing there with his notebook in hand. He looked at the three teenagers with all seriousness. "I got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson. I've got an APB out on Stiles. His jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means - the hell, I don't know what that means. Um - look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if any one of you see him-" 

"We'll call you." Isaac tried to smile at the sheriff, but instead clenched his jaw. Astrid could tell that he cared, even if he couldn't properly show it. 

"Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him." Scott added.

"He'll turn up, Mr. Stilinski."

Stilinski nodded at the three teenagers. "Yeah. I'll see you, okay?"

Astrid and Isaac hung back as Coach came over to talk to Scott. The former was nervously fixing her ponytail and bouncing around as much as she could. The latter watched her from his spot against the lockers, before grabbing her by the arm.

She looked back to him with her brows drawn and a hesitant expression. Isaac's face was serious and she hadn't decided yet if she preferred him that way or incessantly flirting with her. "We'll find him, Astrid. Don't worry so much."

"It's a personality trait of mine to worry about people that I care even the slightest bit about. Hell I worried about you when you disappeared."

"Really?" His eyes twinkled with amusement. 

"You were my partner in statistics and my grade kept dropping. Plus, that black eye made me nervous for you." 

He grinned at her remark, shaking his head slowly. Astrid could only give him a half-hearted smile. Scott made sure the way was clear before ripping the door off of Stiles' locker. Isaac and Astrid looked at each other in surprise. 

"You're gonna find him by scent?" Isaac guessed. 

"Yeah, we both are." 

Isaac held the shoe that he was handed and frowned. "But how come you get his shirt and I get a shoe?" 

Scott looked as if he was going to speak, but suddenly stopped himself and walked around a corner. Isaac and Astrid followed, only to see Derek Hale standing with his arms behind his back. "We need to talk."