Finding Someone (10k x reader)

So since this is a x reader story here is a key.  Y/n:your name
H/c:hair color
E/c:eye color
S/t:skin tone (might not use that)
F/c:fav color
F/s:fav song
W/o/c: weapon of choice

I was walking around in this town for a while looking for food. I had already ran into thieves trying to take some of my chocolate stash I had in a cash register. It was in a food and stuff store so I thought no one would go there. I walked into a pharmacy looking for any energy bars or granola bars or any form of food. I walked over to the shelf by the cash register but nothing was there just empty containers like always. "Oh my gosh can't there be food anywhere during the zombie apocalypse, " I said this out loud as I walked towards the bathroom to look on the back shelves. Not soon after turning a corner I heard the door creak open. "Hello, " a  female voice echoed through the store. I was standing behind a tall shelf hoping she wouldn't see me. I may be slim but hiding behind a empty shelf is difficult. "Hello is anybody there, " I heard her say again. I walked around back with my w/o/c pulled out. I turned the corner and saw some woman who was african american and about my heigth. "Hello.." I say. She jumps and turns pulling her gun and pointing it at me. I drop my weapon and say," I am friendly I dont want to hurt you I was just looking for food." She looks at me and puts away her gun. "I'm Warren, " she says as she holds out her hand. I accept her hand and tell her my name. "Nice name, would you like to join our group?" She asks "Oh uh, no thanks more of a lone wolf kind of person, " I say looking around awkwardly trying to think of a way out of this situation. "Hmm OK then if you insist" She says looking me up and down. "Uh ok see ya I guess." I said this as I exited the store and glance at a black truck parked a pretty for distance from the store. I head into a restaurant named Olive Garden and I see its full of Z's. I run back out the door but they break it easily because it was made of glass. I was going to try to fight them but then I remember I had left my weapon in the pharmacy on the floor just laying there collecting dust. "Shit!" I yell and run away towards the group. I start breathing heavy because I have no stamina, not eating drains your energy until your adrenaline kicks in. I knock on the window of the truck and Warren tells me to hop in the back so I listen and I sit down in the back letting out a big sigh of relief. The driver of the truck put the petal to the metal which caused me to bounce around and almost fall out. I continued to fly around in the back but then the truck stops. "Why are we stopping?" I ask the driver through the window in the back. "Theres something in our tire." He said.
"Oh it's probally a z." I say confidently crossing my arms.
"Yeah probally well you go help keep lookout." He said. "Ok got it" I walk over to a red hair girl with a cool looking bat in her hand."Hi" I say. "Hey, I am Addyson, Addy for short" she says.
"I am y/n" I say back softly.
"Whats your favorite color?" She asked. "Well it's f/c but s/f/c is also nice, " I say keeping an eye out for any z's, and also wondering why she would ask a question like that.
"Did you have a group before us " She asked hesitantly.
"Well I did but we had to evacuate because we were overun by z's." I say sadly my eyes wandering to the ground.
"Oh I'm sorry, did you have anybody special before this?" Addy asks caution showing in her eyes.
"No I'm just a single pringle and a loney balongna, " I say trying to lighten up the mood.
"Oh, well I'll tell you this love is nice but complicated." She said with a smile.
"Oh so you have someone special?" I ask while nudging her shoulder playfully.
"Yeah his name is Mack he's over there." She says as she points to a guy with dirty blonde hair.
"You guys are so cute I ship Maddy!" I say excited to mess with them later. "Puppies and kittens!" I hear Warren yell. "What?" I ask confused. "Puppies and kittens means z's are coming!" Addy yells to you. "Oh." I say running after Addy.

A/N: Went through editing and republished (possible editing in the future) .