Chapter 38

I walk up to the gate causing  all of the insane people waiting in line for the 'vaccine' to yell at me. I rattle the fence getting the Z's and the blends attention. "I need to talk to Murphy," I look up and down the fence seeing the Z's trying to reach me.

"Mr. Murphy isn't seeing anybody right now," A blend with a long beard says this to me in attempt to get me to leave. That wasn't going to happen.

"I'm an... Old friend. He'll know who I am. Just tell him y/n is here to see him."

The blends send me one last glare before sending up one representative to tell Murphy his 'old friend' was here to see him.

I wait. And wait. And wait. Until I finally see the grand entrance open. Murphy steps out the door with 10k and another blend at his side. I let out a small gasp because of 10k's presence, I wasn't wrong. He really is here.

"So it really is you, it's funny how you always decide to show up at my door," Murphy smirks and let's out his evil laugh. Before I can even get a word out he sends 10k back inside with a wave.

I hit my hand against the fence again and ask the question I was here to ask." Why am I here? "

" Why are you here? Well that's because I need you to see what I can do, even to the strongest of will."

He was being cryptic, I didn't like where this was going to go.

The gate is opened by the guard blends and they direct me inside. With a rough push I'm now inside the building once again. It sent shivers down my spine. There was an atmosphere that hung around here, cold and dangerous. I'm roughly directed into a large room where 10k is sitting at the end of a table. "See your boyfriend over there, I can show you my power," Murphy pints his finger at 10k and my heart starts to race, adrenaline starts flowing through my veins. Whatever Murphy was planning was worse than I ever could've imagined.

Murphy starts by ordering 10k to do a knife game based challenge. I am rooted in place as I watch 10k slowly start getting faster and how he ends up even cutting his own fingers, small drops of blood drop onto the table, with each one my heart sinks more. Murphy then offers up the vaccine, the one thing that could give 10k his humanity back, but he refuses it. My mouth falls open in shock and I watch as Murphy let's out a small smile and walks away. "It's your name isn't it, it's your mission. That's what's preventing you from my full control isn't it. The name 10k, it's your current mission. Maybe you need a new one huh Thomas," My head fogs and I put my hand on my forehead. How did he know? Why is he calling him Thomas? I has so many questions swimming through my head.

I am pulled out of the room before I can here 10k's 'New mission' but that wasn't my biggest problem right now. They were taking me somewhere important, but where? I struggle against the blends but they continue on their path not even faltering a step. I press my feet into the ground trying to generate enough friction to slow myself down, that wasn't going to work. They never did a search for weapons and I had plenty, but no way to get to them. The handle of the knife in my boot hits against my leg... It was worth a shot...what else did I have to lose anyway?

Song of the chapter :
Dream catcher - Good Night