chapter 13: What?! Really?!

A/N. Before I start this chapter I would like to thank DracoMalfoyforlife3 for requesting this idea.

We were driving again to some unkown place looking for Murphy, again when we had to make a supply run. It was me and Tommy looking for food, and everyone else looking for water and gas for the car since it overheated. "You ready?" I asked Tommy and he replied with a small nod. We walked into a pharmacy that looked pretty promising. It walls were in good shape the glass wasn't broken and neither were the shelves. "Hey, this one over here looks promising." I said over to Tommy but he didn't respond. I turned around to see him crouching down looking at something. "Tommy?" I say his name trying to get his attention. I walk over to where he is crouched down and see a baby. "Uh, Tommy is that what it looks like." I ask tentativly. "Yeah, yeah it is." He says smiling down at the baby. "Should we take it back to the car." I asked kneeling next to him. "Uh, I guess there doesn't seem like there's a mother anywhere around so might as well." He says picking the baby up and craddling him. "Put that baby down." I hear an unfamiliar voice say. I turn around to see a girl that was recently pregnent. Tommy set the baby back in the stroller, right as he did the baby started crying. "We didn't know we thought he was abandoned." I say trying to explain what happened. "Well, he's not abandoned so you can leave." She says aiming the rifle at my head. The baby started to cry louder, the mom took a few step towards the baby but didn't get far before getting bit in the shoulder. Tommy grabbed the baby and we ran back to the location of the car. He set the baby down in the backseat and we waited for everybody else to get back from their supply runs.