chapter 2: where are we going?

I followed Addy towards the truck and hopped in the back. I slammed my hand on the top of the truck signaling I was prepared to move out.

The driver, named Garnett, started up the truck and sped down the road away from the hoard of Z's. The roads we travel on are coated with dust and our roaring tires made such a large cloud you couldn't even see the zombies. It was serene for me.

We were on the road for a while but the truck started sputtering and came to a slow stop. Unfortunately, it was out of gas. "Ok, y/n go try to find some gas, any amount will do we just need to get moving," Garnett said.

"Ok I'll tr-" My sentence was cut off when I heard Doc yell, "Hey guys I could use some help here!"

Doc was wrestling a Z that must have came out of no where. With the situation he was in it might be impossible for anyone to get a shot on the stupid thing but I had to try.

I whipped out my gun and was trying to get a clear shot but to no avail. Doc and the Z were spinning around and moving all over the place, aost like they were dancing. I guess in this world that's the only dancing we can currently do.

Interrupting my thoughts, a sound of a gunshot rang throughout the clearing. A gaping hole had been shot through the Z's head. "Wow," was all that I could muster. I was speachless.

Doc said something but I was too focused on the dead Z and the hole in its head to even hear what he had said.

"Hey I found a truck with some gas," Garnett says running over to out truck.

I jumped bacm into the truck and decided to sit down while waiting for everybody else to get in.

Everyone quickly piled into the truck wherever they could fit and we hesitantly eased back onto the road. We all felt like we could possibly be leaving supplies back in that junk yard but we went against those feelings becuase it had a looming feeling around it.

As we left, Garnett started heading North and we saw a guy probably about my age walking on the street, he had a gun slung across his back. From where I was sitting the long barrel made it look like a sniper rifle but it was hard to tell.

Garnett stopped the truck and doc leaned his head out of the window and said decided to invite this random stranger into our truck. The boy, in response, just shrugged his shoulders. The lack of room in the cab of the truck forced him into the back. Similar to me, he bangs on the top of the truck signaling Garnett to drive.

Halfway down the road Warren decided she would like to drive instead. She decided to have some fun so she started to over Z's as if they were speed bumps along with a hysterical laugh.

"Well someones having fun" I say trying to lighten the mood with a laugh. Hoping the boy would laugh along but he just looks at me not saying anything in return. "You don't talk much do you? Well at least tell me your name." I say hoping to get him to talk.

"My name's 10k, " He says quietly.

"Yes! I got you to talk." I say throwing a fist in the air. 10k just looks at me and smirks maybe that's his form of a laugh. That's at least what I'm hoping for.

Our truck ran out of gas... again... so me and 10k were sent out on our own to look for some in the trucks or maybe even a gas station. I laugh out loud. A gas station pfft like that'd have gas left in it.

I was walking for about 4 minutes when 10k let out a small statement,"oh look theres a gas staion."

I look up from the ground to find a gas station. It must be a mirage like I'd see in the desert. I shake my head, rub my eyes, and squint at the building. "How did I not see that, " I ask as a joke and 10k just shrugs. "It was a joke..." I say awkwardly because he didn't laugh. He just replies nods and walks towards the gas station. I swear that's all he does, nod, nod, nod. Maybe he's secretly a bobble head doll thing.

I fall behind a little so I mock him behind his back. I start just nodding and shrugging like a crazy person. He turns around in the middle of me shrugging my shoulders so I just smile trying to play it off like nothing happened. Why must I be so awkward...?

After we syphoned all the gas we could find we returned to the truck, surprisingly that gas station was still full. "Hey guys! we got some gas." I say as we walk towards the truck.

"Ok just put one in the tank." Garnett orders pointing at the gas cap. Why he didn't do it I don't know but I decide I will have 10k do it. I hand it over to him and he looks at me stubbornly. "You're the newbie here, newbies do the work, " I say poking his chest and shrugging just like he does. He rolls his eyes and fills the tank up quickly and gets in the back where I was already sitting and waiting.

A/N: Edited twice... Save my writing plz