Chapter 35

10k had finally revealed the location of Murphy to the whole group, it took a lot of convincing from me and Doc to get him to.

While we driving towards Murphy's 'New world order' in Spokane, I noticed Warren constantly looking back towards 10k. I could tell she was suspicious of his condition. This doesn't surprise me one bit, 10k is acting so nervous. He is constantly fidgeting and answers questions a little too quick. I knew Warren would ask someone about him eventually, I just hope that someone isn't me.

Warren has filled us in about this group of people called the Red Hand. We haven't run into any of the red hands handiwork yet, but we all had a bad feeling about this trip to Spokane.

I was starting to doze after a few hours of driving, when I hear a loud message being broadcast from a speaker if some sort. The message was being muffled by the car windows but I heard a phrase almost like "Fear no more". I could already guarantee that this was the work of Murphy. "We should follow it, see who's driving," Sun Mei suggest for the front seat. We trail the vehicle for a while but we do end up losing it. We eventually caught up again after many off roads. The sight of the truck was not pretty. It has been attacked by the red hand. We all get out of the truck wary of our surroundings. When we check the front, the driver has been killed. His head is resting on the wheel untouched. "Wait. Don't touch him. Look, no head wounds," I say this while pointing towards the drivers head.
"So are you trying to tell me, Murphy's weird blends don't turn into Z's?" Warren asks looking at me.
"How am I supposed to know? But by the looks of it yes."
We all climb back into the the van after investigating it thoroughly. When we are all settled in the van 10k tells us about Murphy going to get his daughter Lucy from Springfield Illinois.
"Lucy could have inherited Murphy's immunity to the virus," Sun Mei theorizes.
"That is a possibility, we have to get to her before Murphy does." Warren says starting the van. "We should split up, Doc and Addy will go find Lucy. The rest of you will go with me to Spokane."
I was hoping that 10k wouldn't be affected by anything Murphy does, I know I'll have to keep a close eye on him when we get near Spokane.

We arrive outside the city limits of Spokane, staying a safe distant from the walls. We are all trying to formulate some plan of how to get in the city quietly, we all knew this would be difficult with all the blends and the z river as a defence system. 10k was standing near Hector and Sun Mei while I was spying on the city with Warren.
"Wait, is that a bite on the back of his neck," Hector says this loud enough for me to hear, I already knew he was talking about 10k. Warren and I sprint to where they were standing and I see 10k running into the woods. I have to follow him, I grab my backpack with all my weapons in it and follow him hearing Warren and Sun Mei yelling after me.

Song of the Chapter:
Stray Kids- District 9

A/N: I hope you guys don't mind the kpop song as the song of the chapter, if you do feel free to tell me.