chapter 16

3 weeks later
--------------------

I walked away from the burned house my black leather jacket only slightly charred. I quickly took off my blue backpack full of food and other things of importance from my house I had been staying in for maybe 3 days before this happened. My black jeans were charred but you can't even tell because of how dark they are. I slung my backpack over my shoulders and started running away from the house to find a new one to stay for longer than 3 days hopefully. I had ran about 15 feet further when I heard the familiar phrase from Murphy's truck. 'This guy just does not give up, burn my house down then chase me whats next shooting me in the leg...Let's hope not.' I thought while running into a nearby store hoping to sheild myself from his truck driver. The truck rummbled past repeating the same phrase I had heard so many times before. I waited for a few minutes for the truck to pass before bursting out of the store and running back to the obly place I knew. Where I hid AJ before all this happened.

After 5 minutes of jogging
--------------------------------------
I reached the small bunker and went down into it seeing all the broken shelves and glass. My eyes wandered to where AJ's carrier was covered in blood reminding me of that day, my grip on my newly made barb wire rapped bat tightened. I grabbed all the salvagable jars of dried and pickled fruit and exited the buncker, but I found my worse nightmare Murphy's truck driver standing ousltside waiting for me. "C'mon girl we don't want to hurt you." He said taking a step closer. "I'm not the one you have to be worried about." I said while hitting his leg with my bat which sent him to the ground. "You should worry about yourself, and this girl has a name it's y/n, remember this and go tell your leader not to mess with me got it?" I say pointing my bat at the mans face. "Good now go." I say starting to jog away from the bunker.