chapter 21

·first night in the new house·

The first night in the new house was odd, the walls were cracked so there was always a cold breeze blowing through out the house. You could also hear the groans of z's through the cracks. The outside of the house looked like it had not been touched for years, there were vines climbing up the walls, almost reaching the shingles on top of the house. The once decorative bushes were overgrown and spreading across the lawn. The house had been abandoned for a long time because the beds were still fluffy like they had just arrived from the store. Even though the beds were comfortable I couldn't sleep. The sounds of the z's and the cold breeze were most likely the cause of my sudden insomnia, but I felt like something else was keeping me awake. After 5 minutes of laying sleepless on the bed I decided to go take a walk. I swung my legs off the bed allowing my bare feet to touch the cold floor. The chill the floor caused quickly spread through my body causing a shiver. I walked out of the bedroom into the living room where there was a fireplace and above that a giant T.V. mounted on the wall. The furniture was arranged in a circle around tge fireplace and tge T.V. so everybody could watch T.V. and get warmth from the fireplace. I walked over to a small bench where I had left my bow and arrows and two of my pistols, the other two were on me at all times. I retreived my boots from the room I tried to sleep in and went outside. I stepped into the cold breeze. There were very few z's so I decided to take them out with my bow. I stayed on the porch and took out each z only using 1 arrown on each of them. As I was going to retrieve all of my arrows from the z's heads an armoured truck came down the road, so I played dead and waited for someone to walk by so I could attack. I heard 3 or 4 doors open so I knew what to expect. A pair of feet stopped in front of me so I took my chance and shot their leg but that didn't end so well. The person pickede up and threw me over their shoulder, they then walked me over to the back of the truck, threw me in the proceded to tie my hands. My eyes wandered around the truck and I saw someone passed out. I scooted towards them and took the bag off their head. I saw a boy that looked about my age and he had long brown hair that covered his eye. I decided to leave him alone and try to sleep.

I woke up to someone shaking me, it was the boy that was passed out. He had icy blue eyes that I could look at for days. "Hey, we need to get out of here." He whispered and I nodded in agreement. He then pulled out a knife and cut the ripes around my wrist and helped me stand. "We are going to have to hop off the truck." He told, but I looked at him like he was crazy because the truck was probably going almost 70 mph, which would hurt if I jumped. "Trust me." He said as he held out his hand, and I took it. I don't know why I trusted him I just did.

A/N. I found out yeaterday that I won't have time to write during summer because I don't get to use any electronics until 5:00 pm so sorry for slow updates.