Chapter 36

Running after 10k proved to be more difficult than I expected. He was fast and was going to protect that bag at all cost. I had to follow the path of destruction he left behind rather than him. There were multiple broken twigs from small bushes and even footprints where the ground was soft. The trail was dieing out and I was afraid I had lost him until I heard the quiet mummur of voices. I drop into a crouch and see multiple blends pulling 10k away. There was not much I could do other than follow them. I had no ranged weapons and the blends were too strong for me to take out on my own. I dropped my backpack into a bush for safe keeping, I'd have to be as lightweight as possible to keep up with them. I only keep two knives with me for defense, I wasn't looking for a fight. All I needed to know was where they were taking 10k the obvious part was to Murphy, but then what? Who knows what they would do after they reach Murphy.

I followed the group in a crouch. They weren't moving fast but I needed to stay close and crouching was the easiest way to get close without being seen. The leaves in the forest were dead and cracked loud when stepped on, I had to time my steps with the blend's in order to remain notorious to them. There was a surprising lack of Z's in the forest creating a too quiet atmosphere.

I followed the blends for at least a mile possibly more. A city was now in sight and the blends weren't moving. They were standing on the side of the road looking left and right like they were waiting for someone. They did this for around 10 minutes until a van pulled up and opened the sliding doors allowing the blends to climb in pulling 10k with them.

I needed a car if I was going to follow the blends any further. I run onto the road and follow the van in the direction of Spokane. This is the direction Warren would be heading in order to infiltrate Murphy's new world order. I am hoping to run into them so I can follow 10k easier but that won't happen. Warren would be taking a few side roads in order to sneak up on them, I was going directly in.

I followed the road until I was pushed past exhaustion and wanted to fall down on the road where I was standing. I took a break and sat on the side of the road carving my name into the cracked asphalt. I had just finished carving and was prepared to continue walking until I heard a voice behind me, "Looking for someone Y/N?"

Song of the chapter:
Sense-UNB