Chapter 40

I woke up still on the sturdy tree branch. Shaking my head and stretching my stiff muscles I started to slowly climb down the tree. I had to find Warren. If anyone could get 10k out of there it would be her.

My feet hit the ground with a slight thud and I started to find my way to an open road. This small strip of forest wasn't too large so finding my way out wouldn't take long.

I took a path straight from where I landed on the ground. I didn't want to make any turns, it would be harder to find my way.

The silence of the woods kept my hair raised and my mind ready. I didn't know what could be out in the thick of the trees and I wouldn't be able to see it coming. I, personally, have always hated being in the woods. The soft and comforting dirt around my feet was nice but the sharp branches brushing my face wasn't as nice. The uneven terrain wasn't helpful either. All the jagged roots protruding from the ground were torturous to walk over, I constantly rolled my ankles. My progress out of the woods was slow, I probably looked like a snail to anybody watching; some progress was better than none. I thought this would have been faster, guess I was wrong.

The pitch black woods soon started to lighten as I neared the edge. Though I was ecstatic about this the feeling soon went out like a snuffed candle. There were voices able to be heard faintly coming from the outside of the woods, right in front of me. I could never make out full sentences from the conversations either.

"... Really daddy.... Geuss.... Smurf!" Maybe I didn't really want to know what this conversations was about.

I figured something good may come from staying near by and it didn't take long before I heard the door open and slam shut. The sudden noise made me hold my breathe and tense. Realizing the lack of danger, I relaxed and heard more voices. This time it was a little girl's.

"Let's play hide and seek! You seek and we'll hide." She sounded excited so I got curious.

I slid behind a large bush and looked over it slightly. My jaw dropped open once I saw Doc standing in the center of the yard and he was counting. Guess I found who was playing hide and seek...

I let my eyes wander around the large yard and found two people, who seemed like a couple, holding shotguns. I gasped and dropped behind the bush again. 'hopefully they didn't see me' I thought and listened while Doc was counting then a thought hit me like a slap to the face. If Doc was here, so was Addy, but where?

I looked out at the dude of the bush this time and found Addy 'hiding' near a tree. I could tell she wasnt trying very hard, or at all for the matter. I had no way of getting there attention so I had to wait for a time to get them out of here.

The game of death, as I called it, hasn't been going on for long but I'm getting uneasy. Everytime Doc goes near a Z I'm ready to help but also hesitant. I won't do much to help if I'm shot and bleeding out.

I was pulled out of my own thought by the little blue girl, who I assumed was Lucy, throwing a tantrum. Apparently Doc had to mercy one of her 'friends'. What a strange child... Then she started running towards me. Multiple thoughts ran threw my head starting with 'capture her' and ending with 'holy crap what should I do'. I decided I'll hide and catch up with Doc and Addy whenever they made a decision.

I heard one set of footsteps, then another. Looking back towards the yard I didn't see Addy so I assumed she followed Lucy. Didn't take long for my assumption to be proven as Addy walked back out of the forest with Lucy; they both seemed safe.
Everyone went back in the house and I was left crouching in the forest. I was left like that for a long time too. They must be telling each other campfire stories or something, I thought. Right as I was about to move position I heard the door open. Craning my neck I could see them all coming out of the door. Everything seemed fine until 'the man showed up. He knocked me out first and must have dragged me to Addy because when I woke up both Addy and Doc were standing over me.

"uh... Hi?" I squinted up at them both and didn't know what else to say.

"were splitting up, do you want to go with one of us or alone?" Addy asked while helping me off the ground.

"Well I'll slow either of you down, because you obviously don't have a large form of transportation for all of us, so I'll go alone for now." I didn't really want to go alone but it was the only way we'd all cover ground fast.

"OK, well I'm driving after them on this and Doc is going towards that tower over there. If you want, go towards 'Murphytown' to find Warren." Addy spat out the plan and instructions then got on the motorbike to head after Lucy.

"Be safe kid, and take this." Doc handed me a gnome coated in blood.

"Thanks..." I said as I dropped it on the ground and pulled out a knife "but I'm prepared."

"You always are." He shook my hand then headed off towards the tower Addy was talking about.

I was alone again...

A/N: I finally wrote a long chapter :) hope you enjoyed this one and keep reading. I'm trying to be more active for you all again. I'm also trying to decide if I want to end this book at chapter three then continue another one with season 4 and up what do you think?

Song: I am you - Stray Kids 💜