Chapter 34

I had focused back in during our walk of five miles. I know I need to leave the past experiences behind but that's so hard during an apocalypse like this. During these times you need to hold on to as much as you can but, some memories you just can't hold onto. "Hey kid, you look like you went somewhere back there is everything going ok," Doc asked looking down the road, and continuing to push 10k in the cart.
"Yeah, I said I'm fine. Can you drop it?"
"I was just wondering, sorry for asking."
"I'll be back, I'm scouting ahead." I quickly walk ahead leaving Doc behind to push 10k. I felt bad for being rude to Doc, but ai needed time to relax my mind. Being through things like this makes staying calm hard. I realize I have walked for a very long time, and the sun is already setting. "Oh no. This is what I get for letting my emotions get to me," I turned around and started to jog back the way I came. I need to find a landmark or at least Doc and 10k. I don't want to be left out here alone, in the dark. Combining these two things means certain death in the Z apocalypse. I slow my pace as a black mini van drives towards me. "Great, the dark, I'm alone, and a creepy van. This is just what I want," I whisper this under my rasping breath. I couldn't get my breath under control. I knew I was nervous, and the combination of running wasn't helping. The mini van comes to a stop next to me. Even though I knew this was trouble, I stop too. The front window rolls down and reveals... Warren. I let out a sigh of relief as she pats my head. "Hey, let's get you into this van and go find Murphy," as she says this she looks confident.
"Sounds like a plan. We need to get this thorn out of our asses." This causes an eruption of laughter throughout the van. I missed them so much. I'm glad they found me.

Song of the chapter:
G Dragon- Untilted 2014