The Investiture ceremony

Chapter 7

Sehar , Maahi, Sia, Shanaya and Rachalle had finally started their grade 6. Abhimanyu had now grown up to be mature so he had stopped teasing Sehar . Sehar missed that but couldn't help it. They met very frequently as their classes were on the same floor. The new student council elections had started and Abhimanyu also contested.

" Did you vote for him", asked the stranger with a wicked smile on his face. Sehar looked at him with an eyebrow up and stared at him for a few seconds.

"Yes I did , ofcourse I had to. Now please don't give me that look "

"so did you finally tell him because I guess its been 6 months now?". The stranger asked casually.

"no I haven't yet"

"okay so continue what happened next ?did he win?".

Abhimanyu had not won the elections but he was happy as he didn't want to become a captain. The next day Karan sir their PT teacher announced that there will be evening sessions for every house after school on different days. Sehar was extremely delighted to hear that as both of them were in the same house.

The evening sessions started where they used to run together in the same line, played together, he even taught Sehar , some of the exercises which she was unable to do. That was very exciting.

"He used to hold my hand and helped me do the stretches. Oh God!! Why am I Fan girling so much". Sehar sounded disappointed.

"Simple.. Cause you liked him", the stranger replied. Sehar looked at him to assure him that she didn't like him now but soon realized that wasn't true.

After a week the day of the INVESTITURE CEREMONY arrived and preparations had already started. Sehar was a recorder (instrument) player and so she was in the choir. The choir had to stand on the rack which was placed beside the area where senior boys from grade 9 &10 were suppose to sit. Sehar hoped that Abhimanyu should be sitting just beneath her . And her prayers were answered . After the ceremony the speeches were given . During this time Sehar kept noticing that Abhimanyu was actually watching her , she immediately turned towards him and he started smiling. This continued for a very long time , till they both actually started talking. They started talking about random things but Sehar couldn't talk about the science exhibition episode.

After two or three months ,Sehar and Abhimanyu had actually stopped talking to each other . They met on very rare occasions and whenever they met they did nothing but exchanged smiles. Exchanging of smiles had also stopped after sometime. Sehar had started thinking that Abhimanyu might have known that she has a huge crush on him and He might be trying to ignore her.

Her brother Sam actually knew about her crush on Abhimanyu and Sehar strongly felt that Sam might have told about that to him and this was the reason for his estranged behavior.

"so after that you could never sleep, that's so sad" said the stranger with a very dissapointed expression.

" of course not!!!! This is just the beginning, I actually have a lot of experiences with MR. Abhimanyu!!!" Sehar exclaimed

"so go ahead lets see what happens next". The stranger replied with a smile.

Sehar was feeling comfortable with the stranger. She felt that sharing things with a stranger is always easy as you are saved from the fear of being judged. The stranger was a good listener. She was least interested in knowing about him. Who was he? Where did he come from? Why was he so interested? What did he exactly look like? These things did not bother her. She just wanted him to listen , listen patiently to her side of the story, her truth.