Final Letter-Part 2

Abhimanyu's eyes fell on those words. He was shocked. The letter was five pages long and he was still on the second page. He wanted to know what exactly happened on that day. He tried to recapitulate. The college had a summer break for 2 months. It was the last day of the college. 3rd April 2011.
-----

As it was the last day of  the college everybody wanted it to be special. Every batch had their batch party arranged accordingly. They were there to collect their Admission forms for the next academic year. Abhimanyu waited for Priyanka at the canteen. He texted her but his messages were unseen. He tried calling her but she didn't pick up. He tried calling on the Landline number but that went unanswered too. He started getting worried and decided to go to her place and meet her. He tried calling once more when he  felt a tap on his shoulder.
"Tch Tch Tch. Not answered. Sad". Abhimanyu turned and gave away a disgusting look.
"Nhi uthaegi(she won't answer)". Abhimanyu knew this was coming. He grasped his collar and pinned him down on the table. He punched him on his face twice and said, "Rahil.. How dare you? What exactly did you tell her? The half truth right? Just tell me right away or else".

Rahil pushed him away and dusted off his shirt. He smirked and walked towards the exit of the canteen. The canteen was dumbstruck and was waiting for what was coming up next. Rahil looked back and said, "I just told her the truth. Now I don't know whether she will believe it or not but trust me Abhimanyu I sounded quite convincing."

Abhimanyu ran towards him and was pulled back by five others. "Rahil!!!!! I won't spare, you gotta pay for this".

Rahil looked at him with a straight face and said," We will see. Who has to pay for what".

Abhimanyu ran towards his car and drove as fast as he could towards Priyanka's house. He tried calling her and finally she picked up at the 97th call.
" Hello ",it was a faint voice.

" Hey hi Priyanka listen",Abhimanyu stopped his car beside a shop and breathed heavily. He was relieved.

"Priyanka listen to me", he commanded.

"Sunne ke liye kuch bacha nhi hai Abhimanyu.(there isn't anything left to listen) Anyway what's the matter why are pestering me?", Priyanka sounded normal. Abhimanyu was surprised and said, "Are you okay? Look I am sorry. I I.."

Abhimanyu could hear chuckles from the other side. After a few moments Priyanka couldn't control and bursted out laughing.
"Abhi ufff tumhe laga mai Rahil pe tumse jyada trust karungi (you thought that I would trust Rahil more than I trust you). I know he is lying and J don't need justifications. He was talking about some bets and all. Jerk. Why on earth would you bet on winning me. Impossible. Chill baby. So are we meeting today or you are mad at me? ".
Abhimanyu was shocked. He was sure about Priyanka believing in Rahil's story but he was wrong. She trusted him with all her heart." Baba sorry na. Okay fine we will meet today near the palvai lake? ".

Abhimanyu was guilty. She did know the half truth but denied to believe it but she definitely had the right to know the entire truth. Abhimanyu was now ready to face this situation. He had to face it someday or the other. He had to tell her why he did what he did?
"We will meet at THE MORGAN HIGH SCHOOL, New Mumbai".

"Uhm isn't that too far? I mean".

"I will pick you up in 30 mins is that fine?"

"yeah fine cool."
Abhimanyu hung up. He breathed. He drove back to his hostel and picked up a few necessary things required for the evening. He sat down on his bed and saw Mihir approaching him. "No Mihir Aaj mat rok. Aaj Priyanka ko Uske baare mei nahi bataya toh kabhi nhi bata paunga (no Mihir don't stop me today. If today I won't tell Priyanka about her then I would never be able to tell her). Mihir kept his hands on his shoulder and said," Look at me".Abhimanyu still had his face bowed low. "I mailed Sehar".

Abhimanyu immediately looked up with excitement clearly seen on his face, "Is she coming?"

"I don't know. She hasn't replied yet but I hope she does. Don't worry brother I will tell her the truth. I will" Mihir comforted him. Abhimanyu had a huge task of clearing up a mess which had turned his life upside down. He gave Mihir a hug and drove towards Priyanka's house. She was already waiting for him near the main gate. She got inside the car and hugged him tightly. Abhimanyu pretended as if the seat belt prevented him from hugging her.

"So why are we going there ?", Priyanka asked with cute smile on her face. A smile which could melt millions of hearts.

"You will get to know once we reach there",Abhimanyu said in his serious tone.

"Uff I said sorry na baba. Actually I overslept I didn't see your missed calls. Did you really think I would believe that Son of a... Whatever. I trust you", she kept her hand on his face and smoothly placed a peck on his left cheek. Abhimanyu drove silently.

After one and a half hour they reached their destination. Abhimanyu parked the car near the newly constructed hotel area in front of the school. Things were changed. He was no more a student of MORGAN HIGH. He was no more the captain of the football team and was no more the best athlete of the year. He was no more Sehar's biggest crush. All he knew was that right now he was a person who is being trusted blindly and her misconception was to be broken.

"Chalo Andar Chalte hai (lets go inside)", Abhimanyu requested. Priyanka entwined her fingers with his fingers and gave him a toothy smile. They walked in. The school was quiet. There was nobody around. Abhimanyu's mind was filled with flashes. He could feel her. He still felt her presence. He still wanted her. He still felt guilty. Four years was not enough for him to forget her completely. While he was lost in his world, Priyanka started walking towards the back stage area which was filled with , old ID cards, old and used babelets, rejected love letters and above all the scariest thing, cats.

Abhimanyu saw her moving closer to that area and he screamed, "Sehar Don't go over there. There are a lot of cats. You will be scared".

Priyanka's footsteps slowed down. She turned back and said, "I love cats Abhi and who is Sehar?".

-----
The more he read, the more stressed he was. Abhimanyu could revive his memories but he wondered why didn't he know this from the beginning. Was he suffering from memory loss or partial amnesia. He was freaking out . He also didn't know about Mihir's mail to Sehar. He was clueless about a lot of things now. The more he explored, the more unaware he felt. He wanted to call up Priyanka. He tried calling her several times but she didn't pick up. He tried calling her once more and she finally picked it up.

"Priyanka please don't hung up. It's important", Abhimanyu said hurriedly. There was no answer from the other end. "Priyanka?"

Abhimanyu could hear sobs. He was helpless. He said, "Priyanka look"

"Abhi", she said, " Sehar's in the hospital".

--------

What is the truth?

The agreements, letters, chits, papers, confessions. What do they signify?

Why is Sehar in the hospital?

Will Abhimanyu ever get to know the truth?

What happened on 25th may 2011.