Is This The End?

Sehar was sleeping on the bed peacefully. She was calm and the room was quite. The room had peach colored walls and that is why it looked serene. She was breathing with the help of her oxygen mask. Her ECG line was pacing normally. The nurse was writing down the reports after every 30 minutes. Abhimanyu looked at her and couldn't take his eyes off.

He could find beauty in her face which had turned pale. Her hair roughly scattered was pretty for him. The movement of her chest was lovely for him. She was alive, she was fine and this is all that he wanted. Priyanka noticed him looking at her and kept her hand on his shoulder.

"Jao uske paas. Jaaa Abhimanyu Jaa jee le apni zindagi", Priyanka chuckled. Abhimanyu smiled hiding the tears which had filled his eyes. He sat near Sehar . He looked at her constantly for 5 minutes and then held her hand. The warmth in her hand made him feel good. He kissed her hand and said,

"I promise everything would be fine".

Priyanka sat on the couch kept at the corner of the room. She could notice the pain in his eyes. The guilt that he had. He blamed himself for everything that had happened to her. He thought he was the only reason behind her miseries.

After nearly forty five minutes Sehar opened her eyes. Her blurred vision turned clear after a few minutes. She could feel Abhimanyu's hand and his touch made her feel better. She didn't expect him to be here. She didn't know what had exactly happened at the airport. She smiled at him. He smiled back.

The nurse asked her to remove her oxygen mask and try breathing. She could breathe normally now.

The nurse asked her how was she feeling now to which she replied,
"Better now. I have good company", she blinked her eyes. He smiled back. Priyanka came to her and told her about the incident.

Priyanka had tried calling her secretary Nisha when Sehar did not pick up her call. Her secretary told her that she had suddenly fainted in the waiting room. She was immediately brought to Fortis. Priyanka was on her way to Delhi to meet Sehar. She wanted to try and stop her and convince her to stay and hear out Abhimanyu at least for once. She drove faster and reached Fortis. Nisha was currently managing Sehar's business partners and investors whose meetings were scheduled for the next 2 weeks as she would require complete rest as of now.

"Sehar please abb nahi bataogi toh kabhi nahi bata paogi", Priyanka gave her an assuring look and left.
{if you don't tell him now then you would never be able to tell him}.

They were still holding hands.

"When did you come here?", she asked in her faint voice.

"Day before yesterday. At night actually", he said.

"oh okay", she struggled while speaking.

"Don't stress so much. We have a lot of time to talk about stuffs. Just be positive and your health would just be fine",he smiled. Sehar did not reply.

To break the awkward silence, Abhimanyu started showing her the pictures of Rehan and Sia's wedding. The bachelor party looked glamorous. The sangeet was full on desi. And the wedding gave a complete 'Yeh jawani hai Deewani' vibes.

She chuckled and smiled through all the pictures and he kept on looking at her. Her smile made his heart smile and thankful.

"Abhimanyu"

"hmm"

"Aise kyu dekh... Rahe ho"
{why are you looking at me like that}

"Majboor hu. Kya karu?"
{I can't help it. What shall I do?}

She smiled.

"Yaad hai? Woh science exhibition. Chhup Chhup ke tumko dekh raha tha. I mean tum mere taraf dekh hi nahi rahi thi. Agar uss din Sabir class se bahar nahi nikalta, mai shayad ussi din izhaar karrdeta"
{Do you remember the science exhibition. I was staring at you but you weren't even looking at me. Trust me if Sabir wouldnt have left the room that day, I would have confessed that day itself}

"Ek minute Abhimanyu. Chhup Chhup ke tum mujhe nahi balki Mai tumhe dekh rahi thi. Aur tum class mei mujhe propose karrne aarahe the? Sharam nahi aayi class 6 ki ladki ko propose karrte"
{just a second Abhimanyu. You weren't staring at me but rather j was staring at you. And by the way you were coming to make a confession. Shameless. How could you even think of confessing to a 6th grade little girl}

"Haa kyunki class 6 ki ladki ko Sharam nahi aayi pyaar karrte Waqt"
{yeah cause that six grade little girl was shameless when she fell in love}

They laughed out loud. Tears rolled down her eyes and he wiped them slowly.

"Kya hua Sehar?"
{what's the matter Sehar}

"Kuch khushiyo ko Waqt rehte jee lena chahti hu".
{I want to live a few moments till my destiny allows me}

"Bohot Waqt hai humare paas. Doctors ne bhi kaha hai. Bas kal subha 11 baje tak tumhe observation mei rakhenge and Phir sab theek hojaayega. Sab kuch".
{we have a lot of time Sehar. Even doctors have said that you will be here under observation till 11 am tomorrow and then everything would be fine}

"Haa sab theek hohi jaayega. Tum jo mere Saath Ho. Right?"
{you are there with me right?}

"Humesha".
{always}

He leaned towards her slowly and softly. He held her neck with his right palm softly and her face with his left hand. She moved a little forward towards him. She didn't try to stop him. She closed her eyes. The feeling of his warm breath made her feel much more alive than that oxygen mask. Her warm face made him smile a bit more. He slowly placed his lips on hers.

They kissed.

It wasn't rough or passionate or bruising or demanding or desperate or fierce or impulsive.

It was just a 'kiss' which had nothing else but Love. Only love. Love that was always one sided. Love that was unrequited. Love that was broken. Love that changed their lives forever.

It was their first kiss. They wanted it to be special. They wanted to cherish this moment all their life. For the first time in their life they experienced a kiss which had nothing else but only 'Love'. No compromise, no expectations, no lust and finally no confusion. Their hearts finally accepted that

'Yes they both loved each other'.

---------------

Is this the end of

"THE PART OF ME LEFT BEHIND"