The Perfect Date

Abhimanyu kept the second letter on the floor and closed his eyes. He remembered these moments in bits and pieces. His memory wasn't that clear. He tried remembering everything but failed. The only way to reach the depth of the truth was to read the third letter and get to know Priyanka a little More.

Letter 3

Finally !!! Finally I am gonna meet you. I was super nervous but yes I was happy too. The hottest guy and of course the most mysterious guy of 'Mithibai' is gonna go on a date with me. I grabbed the highest heels from Inorbit without even realizing that it cost me 9850 rupees. I thought my wardrobe was enough for the date but when I went back I realized that I actually had nothing to wear. Absolutely nothing. I called up Maya to help me get out of this situation. I panicked. I had a date in 14 hrs and I had nothing to wear. Weird!!!!! I love black but probably I shouldn't be wearing black on this auspicious day. Wait did I just write auspicious? Oh God!!! Abhimanyu Singh is actually turning me into a lunatic.
Maya came to my place and helped me shortlist a few GOOD dresses but they were not the best ones. After 2 hrs 13 minutes I finally got my hands on a simple salmon pink lace dress. Somewhere I found that to be absolutely perfect for the date. So finally I was ready to meet him. 17 year old Priyanka Jha was finally ready to meet her ...uhm ...don't know.. Who is he?

Abhimanyu was shocked. He remembers meeting Priyanka at a party where their parents had finalised a deal which dates four years back. Then what was this? Why was he unable to remember anything? Why was it that these images had vanished from his head? Just disappeared. Disappeared somewhere from where it was difficult to get them back. After reading each and every letter he could recall these moments clearly. These letters acted like a stimulus to retrieve his memories from his unconscious. He now remembered every bit of that imperfectly perfect date which was between him and Priyanka.

The imperfectly perfect date.

Abhimanyu wore his white shirt and black pants. He looked smoking hot in his formals. He reached the venue early. Priyanka had texted him to reach Hotel Maha Palace. One of the famous restaurants near Marine Drive. She reached after 15 minutes.

"Hey Abhimanyu" , Priyanka called him from behind. As soon as he turned he was stunned. She was looking magnificent. Her beauty was so natural and soulful. The smile she wore stole his heart. His eyes shined and like a gentleman he stood up from his seat and helped her get seated. She kept her clutch on the table and adjusted her dress and made herself comfortable. He constantly kept looking at her. They initially started with general topics,like interests, hobbies, career and so on. Soon they started feeling a warmth in the atmosphere. They felt comfortable with each other. Their food was to get over in some time but they wanted to capture this moment. They wanted to live this moment.

Abhimanyu was Happy. Happy after a long time.

They left the hotel and decided to spend some time at Juhu beach. Priyanka spoke about her ex boyfriend that how much she trusted him but he broke her trust. He cheated on her. He left her heartbroken. Abhimanyu didn't have any such story to tell her. He didn't love anyone as such. Or maybe he did? Did he?

Abhimanyu out of curiosity asked Priyanka, " how did you realize that you were in love with Rahil ? I mean Rahil Aggrawal?". Priyanka felt an ache in her heart. She looked at Abhimanyu and asked him," tumhe kabhi pyaar nhi hua? Kabhi kisiko dekhke yeh nhi laga ki kaash yeh shaks meri zindagi mei humesha ho. Kash yeh kabhi mujhe chodhkar naa jaaye? Nhi hua?". Abhimanyu didn't have an answer to that. He smiled and shrugged. Priyanka stood and extended her right hand towards him. He held her hand and they walked towards the shore. She asked him to close his eyes and just feel the breeze. Feel the sea water slowly touching his feet and then leaving the shore.

"Just breathe. And tell me what do you see?whom do you see? ", Priyanka asked patiently.

" I can't see anybody but yes if I open my eyes I will see 'You' right? ". He asked playfully. After few minutes he opened his eyes and said, " I could just hear you so apparently I could just see you. Now I don't know if that's obvious? Is it?"

They had a hearty laugh. They laughed and shared a few secrets about their childhood. Priyanka's fear of losing her father. The last time she saw her mom. The death of her best friend and separation with her favorite teacher and mentor. Abhimanyu on the other hand spoke about his guilts. He was guilty of being a vagabond and beating up guys on petty issues, disrespecting his parents on a few occasions and how he broke her heart. Both of them were good listeners. The clock struck 11:30 and it was time for them to leave each other's company. This evening was gonna be unforgettable for both of them. Abhimanyu dropped Priyanka at her place and she placed a kiss on his cheek and whispered in his ears.

"I never loved Rahil. Thanks for making me realize that", she smiled and left. Abhimanyu kept looking at her till she disappeared into the darkness of the night. She waved him from her room.

Abhimanyu went back to his hostel room. After reaching his room he told Mihir about the date and the details. Mihir asked him," did you like the date. I mean did you enjoy? ". Abhimanyu had a straight face and said," yeah. I loved the date. Now go to sleep. It was a long evening. Good night".

Abhimanyu sat on his couch and closed his eyes. The breeze, the sea, the warmth and the feeling of her fingers entwined with his fingers made him smile a bit. He missed her. He realized that he missed her. He missed Sehar. He still couldn't get over the fact that she hated him. He ruined her last day in Mumbai. He hated the fact that she would never know that he liked her so much that he attended extra classes just to get a glimpse of her. He came on non important days to just have an encounter with her. He faked his injuries during sports events to win over her sympathy and that was his greatest victory.

Loving someone other than Sehar Singhania was not just an impossible task but for him it was unethical as well. He still tried stalking her but failed badly every time.

--

Abhimanyu's face became a pool of emotions. tears, smile, guilt, regret, confusions and a lot more. The fact that Priyanka never told him or made him remember these moments made him think even more. Why did Priyanka never tell him about these moments? Even she had always told him that they first met when their parents had a meeting for the signing of the deal. If she knew everything from the very beginning then why did she never try and told him?

---------

Did Priyanka do this on purpose? Are these letters a way to win back Abhimanyu.?

Will Abhimanyu ever be able to find out the truth?

Will he be able to stop Sehar from leaving?

Who is Abhimanyu's true lover?

Team Priyanka
Or
Team Sehar

To know more keep Reading THE PART OF ME LEFT BEHIND.