Chapter Twelve 'The Truth'

A/n
Hello my loves!
I am so sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been so busy lately and it's all got on top of me. I've been really sad and exhausted all the time but I'm determined to get back into my regular routine. I just ask you guys to be patient, I'll update whenever I can.
Once again I'm sorry guys, I love you 😊💜💚

Ember's POV
'YOU STUPID SLUT!'
'What the hell?' I groaned as a loud roar and bang echoed throughout the house.
At first I thought I had dreamt it until I heard what appeared to be a body being slammed against a wall. I knew that noise all too well, from having it done to me almost everyday.
Instead of eventually quieting down the noises became more frequent and louder. Looking down I sighed in relief, Peanut was still deep in slumber but if this carried on she would surely wake up and after everything that happened yesterday she didn't need more trauma.

'I'M GOING TO KILL YOU! YOU DIRTY LITTLE SLUT AHAHAHAHAAAA!' Mr J sneered out before cackling madly.
Mr J.........
I should have known he would be the cause of this, he just couldn't keep his temper in check.
I wonder what or who had set him off now.
Letting out a frustrated growl I gently un wrapped my arms from around Diamond and slowly climbed out the bed. I had to stop myself from crying out as my punishment from yesterday decided to remind me that it was there. Every single cut burned and throbbed like whipping welts.

Tears blurred my vision as I took delicate first steps. Each move caused my body to cry out in protest and demand that I go back into bed.
Stupid clown!
Though I was in pain, I didn't regret my actions from yesterday. I'd do anything to protect my friends and if that meant Mr J beating and torturing me so be it!

But then there was Diamond....
Turning to look behind me I saw her tiny body still peacefully sleeping.

Mr J had terrified and hurt her yesterday.
He actually hurt our child.
Yes it was a difficult situation but he could of asked her nicely to hand the knife. She would have given him it straight away. Peanut would do anything to make her daddy happy so slamming her hand down and almost pulling her arm out was disgusting behaviour. I never thought I would see the day when he would physically harm our baby, she was his life.
I had to do something, she couldn't be raised around this violence and in constant fear of her fathers temper. I would happily deal with Mr J's temper because I loved him but I had my peanut now and she came first above everything.
No love I had for him could compete with the love I had for my beautiful little girl.

Hearing Mr J scream I fastened my pace and quickly continued out the room, quietly shutting the door behind me. The hall was empty and scanning the area I tried to find out where all the commotion was coming from.
Everything was deadly silent for a few moments before
'AHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!'
Hearing his psychotic laugh I put my pain to one side and sprinted towards the noise.
It was coming from Diamond's play room.
What the hell was going on?!