Chapter Thirty Five 'Angry Little Doll'

Ember's POV
My heart exploded in my chest at the sound of his voice.
I had been busted!
There was no way I was getting out of this mess, not without a few bumps and bruises.
Why was he home so early?
How long had he been watching me?
There was no way I was going to be able to wrap this present back up and slot it back into its place beneath a mountain of carefully planned out paper without him seeing.
How was I going to get him to leave first so I could quickly make everything looked as it had.
Deciding I was wasting too much time looking down at the desk in fear, I took a deep breath and turned to face him.

"Oh hey you startled me!" I giggled nervously with a sweet smile which dropped instantly as I saw his stance in the doorway.

"I will ask you one more time little doll, what are you doing in my office?!" His sharp voice called out filling the whole room with tension and danger

"Erm well you see......I was looking for Diamond's favourite teddy, she was asking for him" I smiled sweetly hoping he didn't notice the hesitation in my voice.
"Hmmmm that's funny little doll because I'm certain I've just seen her playing with it unless my eyes are deceiving me like other thingssss" he dragged out smiling at me sarcastically but I could see the menace behind his eyes.

Crap!
"Well Mary must have found it and gave her it to play with" I chirped keeping a smile on my face even though I was livid.
Was he trying to accuse me of being deceiving?
Me!
What about him?!
The selfish, ungrateful pig!

"No dolly I am pretty certain it was me who gave her the teddy before I left this morning" J chuckled darkly.
What was I going to do?
"Oh well I didn't see it on her so I thought it might be lost, my mistake" I grinned with a short laugh.
"And will that camera in the corner confirm your hunt for a teddy or will I see something more?"

"I think you'll see only what you want to but if you don't believe me then fine!" I huffed, my hands on the box hidden behind me tightening as I grew angry once more

"Now little doll I think you of all people would know how much I hate liars" he bit out walking further into the room, his eyes turning black.
"You're not the only one who hates liars!" I bit out, nostrils flaring.
"What have I lied about now?" He rolled his eyes dramatically making feel like a silly child.

Right now I wish my other side would appear so she could rip him to shreds and think about the consequences later. Every day was a struggle to keep her at bay but lately I wondered if it was worth it. Maybe I'd feel a lot better if she was out even if it was just for a little while.

Was he serious?
What had he lied about?
Deciding enough was enough I pulled the box from behind my back and wiggled it in the air from him to see. Watching his face drop give me the slightest bit of pleasure.

 Watching his face drop give me the slightest bit of pleasure

For now I was the one in control.
Carelessly flipping the box open I pulled out his special little not for his Melody.
"To the sweetest song in my life! How sweet she's going to love it" I quoted with so much bitterness it left a horrible taste on my tongue.
"I've told you time and time again little doll, she is business and I'm starting to get annoyed by these childish jealous acts of yours" J said sternly as he moved closer.
"And I call bullshit! Do you think I'm that fucking stupid to believe a word that comes out your mouth? You always told me to trust no one and right now I trust everyone but you!" I spat readying myself in a fighting stance.

"You don't trust the man who loves you! The man who has gave you everything you could possible want! The man who has saved you time and time again because you're too weak! The man who gave you a family, a child!" He exclaimed with a low growl making me laugh.

"You don't love me! You love to control me! Everything you want becomes what I want! I don't get a say in anything, you control every aspect in my life! That's why you hunted me down and brought me back from England, you wanted your control back! Now look at you, lying to me because you know that control is slipping from you all over again. I see right through you and one day you will come home and have nothing! I will take everything you cherish and disappear! This time you will not find me, I'm a lot smarter than I was. See I did learn something from you, I learnt how to outwit my enemies and you are my greatest enemy" I sneered becoming breathless as I continued to rant.

"You're right I do love control! I eat, sleep and breathe it! You may have my love but I control that love. What I have given can be taken away and what taken away I can give back, do you understand that dolly? You will never leave me Ember and if you dare ever try to take MY child I will rip your insides out and hang them up along the wall ahahahaaaaa!" He cackled manically.

"I will do what I please! Is that why you turned your attention on Melody because she reminds you of me before YOU came again? I was so sweet and innocent but you see the issue with us innocent ones is that we SNAP easily" I chuckled as I took hold of the necklace and dropped the box.

"I'm warning you girl!" J spat inching closer to me like a predator seeing its prey.

"Let me demonstrate! You see this necklace represents Melody and with the slightest bit of pressure she'll break" I whispered clenching the necklace in my fist until I heard it shatter in my grasp.

Releasing my hand I let it dropped to the floor.
My palm started bleeding from the amount of pressure it took to break the stupid thing.
One minute I was looking down at my blood and the next I was staring into a storm of blue as I was pinned to the desk by my neck.

"I think it's time you learnt who's boss once more little doll! I have let you get away with far too much but NO MORE!" He roared pulling me up back the neck and dragging me out the room.
I wanted to speak but his hand only tightened around my throat.
My nails were ripping his hands to shreds yet he never once flinched, just continued to drag me, letting out growls of anger every time I stumbled over my feet.

As he pulled me down the stairs fear began to corse through me.
I knew exactly where we were going!
The room!
Oh god no, I didn't want to.
What had I done?
Bile rose in my throat at the thought of being locked down there for days like I used to be.
".....n....n...n...o" I choked out trying to dig my heels into the ground.
"MOVE NOW!" He screamed digging his nails into my jugular.

We were nearly there I could see the old rustic door.
"Yyyyou will learn today dolly ahahahaaaaaa!" He cackled as we finally reached our destination.
I flinched harshly hearing the door squeal open.
I was terrified!
"Bye bye little doll!" Mr J sneered before pulling my forwards and hurling me down the stairs into my nightmares.