Chapter Eighty Nine 'The Dentist'

Watching Joker storm from the room, Ember felt herself sigh deeply in discontent.
This wasn't what she wanted but seeing him for the first time again sent her emotions running high and there was no stopping their release. A part of her was happy to see him and overjoyed that he wasn't dead yet the other half hated him and wanted him to suffer. Everything that had transpired over the last few months seemed to have targeted Ember and she just wished it was Joker in her place, laying in this bed wondering if he'd ever walk again. Perhaps it would teach him some humility but Ember also couldn't deny he had suffer too, they all had and while she was furious at him she also wanted to be sensitive with his feeling.
He had been separated from their daughter for months and Ember knew just how heartbreaking and traumatising it was, hell it was worse for him as he had no way of knowing if Diamond was alive whereas Ember was there.
So as she sat painfully in her new bed Ember decided she was going to try and be civil.....try......
She could do it, she could be civil!
How hard could it be?

"Sorry for my outburst doc, would you please bring Diamond to me? I've missed her more than anything" Ember smiled bringing her hands into her lap.
She couldn't wait any longer, she needed to see her baby. Ember felt guilty she hadn't seen her sooner, she wished she had seen her first. Nothing meant more to her than the child she had given birth to over two years ago.
"Of course and then may you allow me to explain the extent of your injuries and my goals for recovery?" Peter smiled back, worrying lacing his eyes as he stared at the fragile woman.
"I suppose we will have to get it out the way" she muttered in reply trying to remain strong and with a determined look began to run her fingers over her legs.
It was such a strange thing, it some parts her fingers felt like needles and feathers yet in other parts there was nothing.

"Your mother is here, would you like me to bring her in too?"
That certainly snapped her from her mission
"God no! I love my mom but if I see her right now I just might throttle her" Ember explained with a light chuckle.
Nodding his head Peter slipped outside leaving Ember in a bubble of excitement.
This was it!
The moment she had been waiting for!
Despite her misfortune Ember couldn't feel anything but complete happiness, if her baby was ok then everything else didn't matter not even her legs.

Ember felt tears well up in her eyes as she caught sight of that familiar golden hair she loved so much coming through the opened door.
"Diamond! My peanut!" She sobbed loudly with the biggest smile as she threw her arms and made grabbing motions.
"MAMMY!" Diamond squealed noticing her mother awake on the bed and just like a miniature crocodile she begin to twist and fight against Peters hold.
Dropping her onto the bed, Peter watched on closely as the toddler threw herself into her mother's arms and buried her face in Ember's neck.

"Hi my love! I've missed you so much, have you missed me?" Ember cried cradling her head and kissing her curls frantically.
She felt like heaven, she smelt like heaven!
Ember tried desperately to hold onto peanut without crushing her tiny body as she continued to cry tears of joy. She never thought she would experience the feeling of holding her baby again. Ember was sure she was going to die but now she was back, her family was safe and her world rested within her arms. There was no emotion that could describe this moment and all Ember could do was weep. She prayed this wasn't a dream and no demonic voice was about to escape her child's throat.

"Mammy you sleep long long" Diamond frowned bringing her crystal eyes up to stare into Ember's.
"I know baby I'm sorry, mammy promises she will not sleep ever again. I was so lonely without my angel" Ember smiled gently caressing Diamond's warm chubby cheek.
"Daddy cry mammy" Diamond continued looking crest fallen whereas Ember began to feel guilty.
Joker had cried.......for her?
The first thing she had done was scream at him when all he had done was wait for her to wake up.