Chapter Forty 'Saving'

A/n
Can I just rant for a second....
I hate it when I see writers have gotten too big for their boots and they begin to ignore their readers and demand votes of them just so they can receive new chapters like no biotch! They also refuse to answer messages, comments or even follow their readers, like it takes two seconds!
You ain't no celebrity, you write fanfiction on a fan app.
No director is gonna read your story and be like "oh I like how they've written that Joker anal rape scene, let's use it!"
I love my readers and would never demand anything from you 😊❤️
Rant over I just had to mention it because I'm seeing it's becoming more frequent and it annoys me
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ember's POV
A week had passed since I watched Mr J slam the front door as he headed on holiday with his slut and while I had enjoyed the peace I was curious as to where he went.
After he left it took my ages to calm down Diamond and get her back to the way she was. The poor child had spent days sobbing, screaming and the nightmares she had at night were unbearable. I couldn't help but quietly cry with her because I felt so hopeless. I mean how do you help a child who's worst nightmare turned out to be their idol?
Diamond had always been a daddy's girl but now I feared she would forever fear him and as much as I disliked him I didn't want this.
I loved the relationship they had, it was the most beautiful thing to watch them interact. It like The Joker didn't exist anymore and what you got was a normal father giving their child all the love they deserved.

It was late in the evening and I was getting Diamond settled in bed with a story.

"Then one day the queen realised she wanted more in her life and that she didn't need a man by her side so she took the little princess and left the castle forever

"Then one day the queen realised she wanted more in her life and that she didn't need a man by her side so she took the little princess and left the castle forever. The village people were overjoyed the queen had returned back home and promised to keep them hidden from the king" I continued playing with Diamond's curls.

"King fwnd them?" Diamond whispered in awe.
"No the king never saw them again and married a new princess. The queen and her princess found their happiness within the tiny village they now called home and lived happily ever after" I answered kissing her head.

"That good mammy that good" she nodded with a sleepy smile.
"It's time for you to sleep my peanut" I announced pulling her duvet over her and gently tucking it in.
Bending down I kissed both her cheeks and nose.
"Goodnight my princess I love you" I cooed.
"Wuv you too mammy" she yawned snuggling into her elephant.
Giving her cheek a gentle pat I climbed off the bed and quietly walked out her room, shutting the light off as I closed the door.

Walking down the stairs I headed towards the kitchen for a drink.
Inside sat a extremely tired looking Frost who had one hand against his forehead and the other was wrapped tightly around his glass.
"Frosty what are you doing here?" I spoke up, frowning slightly.
"I'm here to make sure the men are doing their jobs right" he replied looking up at my with an exhausted smile.
"I thought you went with Mr J" I said in a questioning tone as I walked further in and sat opposite him.
"No he just wanted it to be him an......" Frosty started before looking at my sympathetically.
"And Melody or should I say the new Ember" I whispered bitterly.
"I'm so sorry kid you don't deserve any of this! You're sweet, kind, loving and he's complexity unworthy of you. It infuriates me to see what the boss is doing but what can I do?" He bit out with a look of disgust on his face.
"There's nothing you can do, there's nothing anyone can do" I sighed, followed by a period of silence.

"Four years"
"Four years?" Frosty questioned with a frown.
"I've been with him almost four years and he's never took me on holiday, never" I huffed.
"Don't do this to yourself kid"
"How can I not do this to myself Frosty when he treats me like dirt" I whimpered, eyes blurring with tears.
"Why do you stay?" He sighed.
"Because I love him! I don't know why but I do, stupid isn't it? And even if I left he'd find me Frost, I'm trapped" i sniffled raising my hand to frantically wipe my tears away.
"Emb...." Frosty started until I interrupted him.
"I...I..I need some air watch Diamond for me" I smiled sadly as I jumped from my seat and ran out making sure to grab my car keys.

The drive seemed the longest of my life but I finally made it to my destination.

ACE Chemicals.................................
Climbing out the car I slowly approached the old building and unlocked the door before stepping inside.
Everything seemed blurred as I approached the tower of steps leading towards the vats below.
Up and up I went never stopping to look back until I finally made it.

The stench hit me first and then the burning sensation.
It didn't burn me as much as before, maybe my body had became a tiny bit immune to it from my fall. It felt like I had no control over my legs and soon I found myself resting on the edge.
This is where it happened! Where my life changed forever.....
Bile rose in my throat as I looked down to see the Chemicals bubbling invitingly.
What would happen if I fell again?
Would I go completely insane or die?

Even though my life wasn't perfect before the accident it was still better than the one I had now.
These days my child was my only happiness, everything else was twisted and evil.
"Why?" I whimpered to myself feeling the tears fall again as I continued to look down.
"Why?"
"Why?!"
"WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME?! YOU MADE ME A FREAK!" I screamed falling to my knees.
"HOW COULD YOU?! HOW COULD YOU?! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" I continued to yell at the Chemicals before finally breaking down and rolling myself into a ball.

Sobs after sobs spilled from my lips as I trembled violently.
Reaching into my top I shakily pulled out my phone, I needed saving.
Scrolling through my contacts I clicked on the person I needed most. The phone rang for a few moments before I heard a familiar voice.
"Hello Ember?"
"Please help me, I can't do this anymore!" I wailed as I continued break.