Chapter Sixty Five 'Twisted'

Ember's POV
Breathe
Just breathe
Breathe Ember breathe!
"Excuse me, what did you just say?" I bit out hands clenching the table tightly, teeth grinding together, eyes wide with rage and disbelief as I let his words seep in.
My skin was becoming flush and hot as over consuming rage rattled my form causing my brain and heart to pound rapidly.
I couldn't see straight!
I couldn't think straight!
Nothing in this world could ever prepare me for the words that came out of his pathetic, twisted little mouth.

"If we are to be together Diamond cannot be here, She cannot exist my love" Alex spoke calmly and sweet like it would make such a difference in my decision.
"You want me to kill my own child" I sneered my tone becoming darker and darker until I could no longer recognise it.
"Not your child, his! She is his spawn and has no place here!" He exclaimed holding my hands tightly trying to control his anger for Mr J.
"You want me to kill MY child! MY baby! MY world!" I continued emphasising my words but keeping my face blank, I didn't want him to see how furious I was.
I wanted to take his head from his shoulders and parade it around on a spike. If Mr J was in this room he would of already killed him, I liked my attacks to be unexpected, I liked to lure in my victims with false promises and hope before I struck them down.
"If you can't do it sweetheart you can just give the orders. Give them to me now and I can send one of the men or I could it. I wouldn't want you to be traumatised I want a happy little rose" he cooed kissing my knuckles passionately.
"I'm not your rose Alexander" I sighed trying to pull my hands away from him but it was to no use, his death grip made me feel like I was trapped in a vice.
Maybe he knew that if he let go I'd smear his blood up the walls in seconds.

"Now now darling I know you're angry with me but we could move on from this! Just think once your past mistakes are out the way we could start our own little family, have our own baby girl without a pathetic name. We could go back to England and live happily together, you just need to take that jump" Alex smiled, eyes glittering with some much affection I felt my stomach turn.
"That's a lie! you're falling back on your words Alexander, didn't you say you wanted to control Gotham?" I smiled back sarcastically.
"Once Joker is out the way I will control Gotham no matter where I am my dear" he bit back, eyes darkening with delight.
"Their are many people here who love Joker or are too afraid to say otherwise. You could have as much control as you want but it would be only a matter of time before the people rise up and rebel leaving you dethroned" I pointed out becoming increasingly bored with the conversation.
"Ah but there's one thing the people love more than Joker, his precious little dollllll" Alex chuckled mocking Mr J's voice.
Now was really starting to feel sick, this man was a psychopath!

"So I'm basically bait for your master plan" I shook my head wishing desperately that I could get my arms free.
"Of course not! You're much more than that to me Ember! What do you say? Will you accept my offer?" He exclaimed looking like a desperate puppy.
Taking a deep breath I let out a sigh and began my performance.

"Ok I'll do! I'll kill Diamond, you're right! For years I have been trapped and abused waiting for any chance to escape and then you came into my life. You treat me right and I found myself falling for you too. I guess that I've been so angry about the way you took me I didn't have time to really think but now being here talking with you has made me realise something. It's been you all along, you! Don't get me wrong it's going to break my heart getting rid of Diamond but maybe it's for the best. I love her with all my heart you know I do but she is a constant reminder of my mistreatment" I sobbed letting tears stream down my cheeks, not because I meant it but because I was disgusted by my own words.

"You're not lying to me are you? You do mean it don't you?" He whispered looking so unsure and pathetic.
"Of course I do, please let me show you, I'll do anything Alex!" I begged continuing to cry as I slowly slipped by hands out of his weakened grip.
"Oh Ember! You've made me so happy!" Alex exclaimed with a laugh of pure happiness.
"I love you" I whispered feeling the bile rise in my throats and I quickly had to stop the gag that threatened to escape.
"I love you too" he purred leaning in for a kiss.

As I leaned in too I quietly lifted the fork resting near me and plunged it into his hand with a scream of anger. Shooting out his seat he let out a painful roar and bent over, clutching his hand to his chest.
"YOU FUCKING BITCH!" Alex wailed at me with a look of disgust.
Grabbing a glass I quickly jumped over the table and stood opposite him, my once beautiful gown covered in food as I breathed fire. I was sure I was about to explode, there was so much fury running through my veins.

"Wow Alexander for a mastermind you're pretty gullible, you actually believe that I gave a fuck about you! Do you really think you could threaten the life of my child and ask me to kill her without facing the consequences?! Nobody and I mean nobody is more important than my Diamond you sick twisted little prick! I'm going kill you one way or another! Mr J won't even get a chance to wrap his hands around your throat, you'll be dead by the time he knows the truth!" I sneered with so much hate I felt my own body quiver slightly.

"Kill me and your daughter will be dead before you know it!" Alex cackled causing my to throw the glass at him.
Another wail of pain left him as it smashed against the side of his head and shattered across the floor. I hoped it would knock him out so I could finally finish him off but it only seemed to further his anger.
"You're going to pay for this mark my words sweetheart!" He sneered eyes flashing dangerously.
Letting out a laugh I grabbed a steak knife and proceeded to jump back over the table and run at him, knife high in my hand ready to strike.

With all the strength he could muster Alex grabbed my wrists and held them so tightly I had no choice but to drop the knife. Once it was resting on the floor he tackled me to the ground and quickly wrapped his hands around my neck, squeezing painfully tight.
"This is what happens when silly little girls misbehave" he growled tighten his hold.
I desperately tried to fight back, but his weight was too much and he seemed completely unfazed by my nails dragging down his hands causing blood to bead at the surface of his skin.

"Oh my what's going on in here?!" An angelic voice exclaimed as the door swung open.
My body tensed with disbelief, I knew who it was straight away without looking but as Alexander's hands released me I took the chance to throw my head back and stare directly into the eyes of the last person I ever wanted to you.

"Melody!".........