Chapter Forty Four 'Robbery'

Ember's POV
I had just woken up and already felt like crap.
All my thoughts were on Abby and Frosty. Their situation was heartbreaking but I hoped they had worked things out. They needed each other more than anything now and I knew their love could never fall apart.
I had always been so jealous of Abby from the day they got together.
Frosty treated her like a queen and never hurt her whereas I was always hurt and treated like dirt.
I hated The Joker!
He was a heartless monster when it came to everything but Diamond yet I still loved him.
How could I love someone who I detested so much?

Wait!
He was back!
It felt like I had been hit with a second train as I remembered seeing his face suddenly appear last night.
I felt sick!
In my sadness and despair I forgot everything and let him hold me.
He had just been on holiday with his slut and I let him comfort me like all was well between us.
God, what was I doing with myself?
I had honestly thought I would have more time to escape with Diamond but now I would have to think of a whole new plan. I shouldn't have waited, I should have just left as soon as he did.

Reaching for my phone I clicked the home button and let out a gasp.
5pm!
How the hell did I sleep in for so long?
Why didn't anyone wake me? I had a child to look after for Christ sake!
Climbing out of bed I decided to play with Diamond, feed her, bath her, play some more and then put her to bed before I went round Frosty's to check on my friends.
I would act as if Mr J wasn't here.
He would not get to me today, I was taking Alexander's advice and proving I was worth more than that clown.

Not wanting to wait around I quickly got dressed and headed towards Peanut's playroom.

I could hear her sweet giggles echo off the walls followed by Mary's laughter

Peanut had never been a quiet child so I instantly knew where she was at any time of the day. She was even louder when she was with her father but it was to be expected, Mr J was the loudest person I had ever met.

"Hi guys!" I called out a large grin on my face as I got sight of my baby.
"Mammy play!" She cheered frantically waving me over.
Walking over I sank down onto the ground and kissed Diamond on the head.
Picking up one of the dolls I joined in on their game and finally found my mind at peace.
"Has she had any dinner?" I asked Mary feeling bad for sleeping so late.
"Yes about ten minutes ago" she replied with a smile.
"Thank you!" I chirped letting out a sigh of release before focusing my attention back on Peanut.

"I thought you would have been with daddy my love" I cooed petting her curls.
When I wasn't around she was attached to his hip.
Concern rippled through me as she looked around with a scared frown.
Seeing the coast was clear she climbed into my lap and began whispering.
"Daddy no daddy" Peanut whimpered looking around once more.
"What do you mean princess?" I frowned slightly, worried at the distress she was showing.
"Daddy no daddy mammy!" She whispered more sternly this time.
"Mary what's going on?" I questioned looking towards the red head.
"You'll have to go see for yourself" she giggled back with wide eyes.
What the hell?!