Chapter Twenty Three 'Red And Green'

Ember's POV
"Mammyyyyy!" Diamond squealed running into my arms as I entered her playroom.
"Hi my little peanut!" I cheered kissing all over her face making her giggle hysterically.
"Are you coming to take over?" Mary enquired walking towards us.
"Nope Mr J is!" I grinned.
"What? Really?" She exclaimed with an amused eyebrow raised.
"Yes it's about time he had to deal with her and don't help him unless he cries" I chuckled picturing the scenario in my head.
"You got it!" Mary saluted mockingly.
"Right baby lets go see daddy! Bye Mary!" I smiled giving her a wave.
"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" Dimond cheered clapping her hands.
It was about time Mr J babysat Peanut instead of Mary and I. I loved being with peanut all day but he needed to do parent too and not just when he felt like it. Surely he could watch her for a few hours I mean she was his child not a chore.

'This was either going to go really bad or really good' I thought as I stood outside his office working up the nerve to knock and disrupt him.
"Come on woman just knock!" I grumbled to myself.
"DADDY!" Peanut shouted knocking on the door for me.
This kid was going to be the death of me.
"Yes little clown?" He called back and hearing the amusement in his voice made me the tiniest bit relieved.
"C..c..can we come in daddy?" I choked, cursing inwardly.
"Yes my little doll" he purred making me blush madly.

Reaching out I grabbed the handle and slowly opened the door.
"Hi daddy" I smiled stepping into the room.
"Daddy!" Peanut also smiled at him.

"There they are, my little dolls!" Mr J grinned beckoning us over

Walking to where he was sitting I lowered myself into his lap, holding Diamond in one hand while the other wrapped around his neck. Bending forwards I wasted no time in bringing our lips together. Being this close to him never failed to get my heart racing as butterflies erupted in my stomach.

"Daddy will you do be a big favour?" I smiled sweetly as I pulled away for air.
"What is it little doll?" He sighed stroking my cheek.
"Will you please watch Diamond for a few hours while I go to Harley's?" I whispered with big doe eyes.
"Isn't Mary around?" He frowned.
"No I let her have the rest of the day off, please daddy I won't be long pleaseeeeee" I begged.
"Ok! Ok! I'll mind the little clown!" He rushed out raising his hand to cut me off.
"Really?! Thank you daddy!" I exclaimed kissing him dramatically.
Wow I didn't think he'd actually do it!

Rising up from his lap I hugged Diamond's little body close to me.
"Mammy has got to go for a little bit, be good for daddy!" I cooed kissing her cheek before handing her over to Mr J who kissed her curls and held her closely.
"Bye my loves!" I grinned giving them a small wave.
"Say bye Mammy I love you" Mr J purred sweetly to Diamond.
"Bye Mammy I wuv love" she repeated waving her chubby hand.
Giving them one last smile I turned and walked out the office, closing the door behind me.
Now I needed to get to Harley's and find out just exactly who this beautiful stranger was!
To be honest I had no idea what I was going to do with the information, I mean it's not like the girl had done anything wrong. It wasn't her fault she had caught The Jokers eye but I needed to think about my family. If she ended up being a threat then I had to do something.