Chapter Thirty Three 'Home'

Ember's POV
"Get home to my baby! Gotta get home to my baby" I mumbled to myself as I continued making my way out the club, tears streaming out my eyes.
I felt so betrayed but yet my heart wasn't breaking because in all honesty I expected this to happen.
There was no way Joker could convince me that he wasn't the one who had drugged Melody. History was repeating itself before my very eyes and he's a complete idiot if he didn't think I knew what was happening.
I wonder if she got a daddy choker too.

That word!
'Daddy'
I was getting sick of it!
I was a grown woman with a child and yet he still expected me to call him daddy all the time like some desperate, sex driven teenager. Calling him daddy used to give me such a rush, now saying it made my skin crawl. I wouldn't mind it if it was only used within the bedroom but continuing to call him it when Diamond does too makes me feel dirty.
I didn't want our relationship to be this way anymore!
I wanted us to act like a normal couple. I mean I know he's The Joker but he had a family now, he couldn't act like he was the master of some puppet.
Did Melody call him daddy?
"Stop it Ember!" I snapped feeling myself beginning to blubber more.

End of POV

"LITTLE DOLL!" Joker screamed out as he frantically scrambled down the steps of the club.
His mind was racing and for once he had no idea what to do.
Diamond! His sweet little clown was very ill and Ember being her caring self came to fetch him. Not only did Diamond need him, Ember did too and she had walked in on that scene.
He had hurt her once again because like usual he saw no other choice but to act out in anger.

"YOU'RE A COWARD!"
"Oh shut up!" Joker sneered slamming his palm into the side of his head trying to stop the voices from making their presence known.
The street was flooded with drunk party goers and being the nice person he was, Joker began to throw them to the ground desperate to find his little doll.
'I should of never have forgave you'
Joker couldn't lie, hearing those words slip from her beautiful pout made his cold heart crack and beat rapidly in his chest. He didn't want to lose his little doll, she was his world along with their child.

Pushing an unsteady drunk fat guy to the ground he finally got sight of his little doll. Her dark curls bounced as she ran towards her car, head down in sadness.
"LITTLE DOLL HAULT IT NOW!" Joker boomed at her.
"GO AWAY!" Ember screamed back with a loud sob, she wanted nothing to do with him right now.
Picking up his pace, he began sprinting towards her hoping he'd make it before she reached the car.
"Yyyyyou will stop this right now girl!" He spat finally catching up to her and grabbing hold of her arm.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" Ember screamed spinning around to face him and yanking her arm out his grip

"Calm yourself little doll and come with me" Joker urged softly aware of her rising anger.
He needed to get her out of here before her 'other side' came out and she became uncontrollable. Joker loved dark Ember but he knew she already held too much guilt and wanted to spare her.