Chapter Fifty 'Training Begins'

A/n
Sorry for the delay your hôe has been busy

Ember's POV
BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!
My heart practically jumped out my throat as I shot up in bed frantically looking around in terror.
What the hell was going on?!
Slamming my hand against my now aching brain I tried to gather myself together and calm my breathing down. While I collected myself I began looking round for the source of the noise, it was coming from under my pillow. Letting out a sigh I tossed the bouncy cloud from my bed and grabbed my phone, quickly coming to the realisation that it was only my alarm and the house wasn't burning down.

I felt my eyes widen as I saw the time.
It was 5:15am, AM!
To me it was still nighttime, the sun hadn't yet rose and I was surrounded by darkness perfect for sleeping in.
Why did people happily get up at this time? What was wrong with them?
I sat rapidly blinking at the wall for a few moments trying to relieve myself of the stinging sensation until........
"CRAP!!!" I yelled throwing myself of the bed and sprinting towards the bathroom.
I had completely forgot it was trying day! Mr J was going to kill me if I was late, he didn't want to do this in the first place and if I didn't attend surely that would be the end of my little life.
My tiredness was now replaced with unexplainable excitement, today was going to be tough but I was more determined than ever to learn and better myself.

Because of the steps I had took in life I was now surrounded by criminal activity so I needed to be able to defend myself and also attack when needed. I couldn't rely on my other side to come out or I'd end up dead.
What would I do if I ended up in a dangerous situation that didn't make me furious? We all knew the answer I'd be a big goner.
It didn't take my long to get dressed, surprisingly giving myself 20 minutes to spare which I used as pep talk time until I was finally ready for training.

Making my way down into the kitchen I saw one of our chefs stood waiting for me holding a plate of eggs and bacon

"Boss said eat and then make your way towards his torture chamber" the chef smiled lightly passing me the breakfast and walking away.
"Thank you!" I called after him, my cheeks already filled to the brim with bacon.
Mr J's torture chamber, we were going to be training in there of all places.....
What had I gotten myself into? This couldn't go well, the room just smelt like death! How was I supposed to concentrate?!
It was too late to turn back now the boss was waiting for my arrival.

Finishing up my breakfast I hurried towards the basement but found myself halting as I reached the stairs.
"Daddy?" I coughed trying to see down into the dimly lit room to see where he was.
"Come little doll I don't have all day!" His voice snapped back causing me to roll my eyes and slowly make my descend into 'hell'.
I felt my eyes bulge out at the sight of the room, gone were the torture devices and instead stood tables of weapons, I didn't think that many could exist it was endless. The walls were filled with a series of targets and in the middle of the room laid a large white slab with a grinning Mr J on top of it in nothing but his Arkham pants.
"This place looks epic!" I exclaimed with a laugh as I made my way around the tables.
"Don't get too excited little doll this isn't going to be fun"

"Yeah you're right daddy.....what are we going to be doing first?" I enquired trying my best to project how serious I was taking this.
"First we will work our your fighting skills and body form, once I believe you are good enough we will move on to weaponry, understood?!" He explained looking like some over grown military sergeant.
"Yes I understand" I nodded uncrossing my arms so I didn't come across so nervous.
"Good, now in the ring little doll" he ordered taking a step back and staring at me expectantly.
Nodding again I joined him on the mat, it was hard and cold but I suppose it would be a lot nicer than slamming into the concrete ground.

"Fists up!" Mr J demanded walking towards me making my insides flutter in happiness.
Holding up my fists I watched as he carefully examined them before looking back up at me with a small smirk.
"Welllllll at least I don't have to teach not to tuck your thumb in" he hummed humorously.
"Geezzz I'm not that stupid!" I snorted, giggling lightly at him.
"Now hit me little doll!" He growled standing back to his full height and gazing at me intimidatingly.
"What?!" I exclaimed my eyes going wide in shock and confusion.
"Hit me Ember!" He sneered looking like he was about to eat me whole and not in the way I usually liked.
"Ok! Ok!" I muttered raising my fists and taking a deep breath.
I had fought Mr J all the time but in this moment I felt lost and not sure what to do next. I should aim for his face but where on his face? What spot would do the most damage? Shit! I was useless!

*SMACK!*
My overthinking suddenly came to an end as I hit the mat with a harsh thump.
A searing pain ran through my right cheek and it took me a few long seconds to realise Mr J had punched me instead. Cupping my face I looked up at him with a harsh frown plastered on my face, tears rimming my eyes.
"Hesitation leaves you open to be attacked first, now get up and try again" Mr J sighed gripping my arm and gently pulling me up onto my feet.
Biting my bottom lip I concentrated on his face and just as I was to throw a punch he threw one first, knocking me down again.
"You didn't even give me a chance!" I yelled now cupping my left cheek.
"And the enemy will?! Get up now!" He snapped and letting out a frustrated growl I jumped up.
*SMACK!*
Anger surged through me at the feeling of my lip popping open and blood trickling down my chin.
"STOP IT!" I screeched finally slamming my fist into the side of his face with all the strength I could muster.
"Ahahahahahahaaaaaaaa! Nice shot little doll! Your fist is strong but your arm is weak" he laughed wiping his now bloody nose as he walked towards me.

The next few hours consisted of Mr J knocking the seven bells out of me before giving tips on how to perfect my blows. My body was bruised up and completely exhausted but I was happy. For once I didn't mind being hurt, he was helping me. It wasn't like in the movies where I become magically great after a few hours, I still sucked yet I had learnt a lot and couldn't wait to progress.
"You've done well today little doll" Mr J smiled as he helped me up and pulled me close, securing his arms around my waist.

"Thank you!" I smiled back feeling somewhat proud of myself.
"I want you down here every morning at 6 dollface, now go get cleaned up" Mr J ordered placing a light kiss on my lips before pulling away and guiding me towards the exit.

"Arryyyyyyyy I'm hwngry!" Diamond's whines echoed throughout the house making us laugh as we entered the main part of the house.
"I will go deal with the little clown, meet us back down here for lunch" Mr J kissed me once more before strutting off to wherever my peanut was.
Grinning madly I ignored the aches in my body and skipped up the stairs.
I felt so happy, the happiest I had been in a while!
It appeared that my family was whole once again.....