Chapter Ninty One 'Funeral'

"Have you lost your mind mother?! I am home!" Ember protested in disbelief, folding her arms across her chest and leaning back.
"No Ember! This is not your home, your home is with me back in England!" Mrs Dean continued her voice becoming more bitter with each passing second.
"You may not like it mom and I understand why you don't but you must also understand that this is my home now. This is where I live with Diamond and her father, I will not separate them not after everything that has happened" Ember snapped ignoring the stabbing pain going through her healing wound as she threw herself back up in bed.
"Everything that happened was HIS fault! He does not deserve you or Diamond, he is a MONST....."

"NO MOM STOP IT RIGHT NOW! The person at fault is Alexander, he was the one who violated me, he was the one who shot me and he is the reason for the suffering within my family" Ember yelled cutting off her mother with a furious glare.
"I will not argue with you on this matter Ember. I am your mother and I am telling you that as soon as you're better I'm dragging you onto the next plane out of here and you will come back to England without so much as a single protest" Mrs Dean growled climbing off the bed and brushing down her clothes.
"You cannot make me do anything mother, I am not a child anymore! You will not force me to do your bidding no matter how much you try" Ember laughed coldly shaking her head and biting down on her lip.
"We'll see about that Ember" Mrs Dean muttered giving her daughter one last glance before storming out the room.

"She's still trying to control your life I see, how lovely!" A familiar voice called out sarcastically causing Ember's insides to bubble up as she lifted her head excitedly.
"ABBY! FROSTY! YOU'RE HERE!" Ember squealed, tears gathering her eyes seeing two of her favourite humans stood by the entrance.
"Of course! We got here as soon as Mary called!" Abby exclaimed rushing forwards and throwing her arms around Ember.
"Careful love she's recovering" Frosty smiled placing himself on the opposite side of Ember and gently placing his arm around her shoulder, pulling her into him.
"It's ok Frosty, you guys can squeeze me all you want! I've missed you so much!" Ember giggled laying her head on his chest and she wrapped her arms around Abby.
"How are you feeling kid?" Frosty questioned nudging his wife slightly, noticing her eyes beginning to well up.
It wouldn't be best to cry in front of Ember, not when she had the weight of the world resting on her tiny shoulders, she was going through enough and shouldn't have deal with everyone else's emotions.

"Honestly Frosty I feel everything, there's so many emotions stirring up inside me that I just can't choose a single one to focus on. I feel lost but content at the same time, it's the most peculiar thing" Ember replied honestly playing with Abby's hair.
"We're going to help you get through this Ember no matter how long it takes. We're a family and nothing is going to come between us again not even your mother" Abby smiled snuggling further into Ember to hide her tears.
When Ember went missing, Abby felt lost and unable to cope with the thought of never seeing her best friend again and now she was back Abby felt overcome with emotion.
"Speaking of family, how is Harley? I haven't seen her yet" Ember whimpered quietly thinking about her heartbroken friend.

"What is it?" Ember frowned as both Frosty and Abby stared at her with mournful looks.

"Ember, today is Ivy's funeral" Abby whispered causing Ember's heart to drop.

The tears had long froze on Harley's cheeks as she watched the snow gently fall down and land on Ivy's coffin. She stood in the graveyard dressed in black, trembling violently seeing ivy go further and further into the ground. The flowers she had once held in her pale hands had snapped under the pressure and were now laid scattered around her feet.
How her heart pounded in agony, it was an agony that refused to leave. Harley imagined it would be there for the rest of her life. She had hoped Ivy would have took it with her yet here it was beating, reminding her each day that she was alive and the love of her life wasn't.