Chapter Fifty Nine 'Crash'

A/n
I republished this chapter because some readers are experiencing problems, hopefully this worked!

Sorry this wasn't out sooner guys my wifi went down for a few days, it was a nightmare.
Also I'd like to thank you all for still continuing to enjoy and support my book, it means everything. I love you guys so much 😊💜

Ember's POV
"Mammy?!"
"Mammy?!"
"MAMMY! MAMMY!"
A soft groan left my lips as my heavy eyelids began to open at the terrifying screams coming from Diamond. It felt like I had been hit my a train, my whole body felt heavy and bruised. My vision was completely blurred and if it wasn't for the pounding in my skull I would think this was all a dream.
I laid there for a few moments, head resting limp against the steering wheel trying to take everything in. I could still hear Diamond crying out for me but I just couldn't bring my body to react, I was stuck.
I could see the snow starting to gather up on the windows creating a view of complete white. My wipers were still working, I could hear the motion of them scraping across my windows.

Everything felt so surreal.....
I couldn't believe I had crashed the car, my worst nightmare had came true. I had always feared road accidents from a young age and now it was my reality.
It wasn't my fault, something sharp had hit my wheels knocking all the air from them and causing me to swerve.
That's when it hit me.....
We were being followed!
Shit!
How long had I been out?
They had to be close now! Maybe they were outside waiting to strike.
I felt like if I lifted my head I would see a mass of green and then I would experience true terror as he dragged me from the car and mutilate me.
My peanut! Was she ok?!
I prayed that she was completely fine and unharmed. Her cries didn't help my prays I was extremely worried and about to lose my mind but I knew I needed to stay focus. I needed to get us out of here even if it killed me.

"Pea....nut....b...baby...." I mumbled finally finding the strength to lift my head up and turn to face her.
The pain almost made me pass out again but I urged myself to focus on her little face.
A sigh of relief left my lips as I realised asides from crying she remained completely unharmed and was just in shock. The poor thing look completely terrified which caused tears to drip down my cheeks, I would give anything to take this nightmare away from her.
"Mammy....hwrt...." she sobbed deeply pointing towards me.

She was right, now that she had mentioned it the throbbing in my head became worse and I could feel something warm running down my face. I knew instantly it was blood but I still raised my head to my head and gently pressed.
"Ouch!" I whispered to myself feeling the small gash on the top of my forehead.
It wasn't the worst injury I had received but it still hurt like a bitch. I could get through this, my priority was getting Diamond to safety and one small cut wouldn't change that.
Placing a smile on my face I turned back to look at Peanut.

"Mammy's ok my love it's just a scratch, see mammy wouldn't smile if it hurt" I cooed giving her my biggest grin.
She seemed too hesitant to do anything but her cries had now turned into soft sniffles so it was a start.
"Can mammy see your beautiful smile baby?" I sang making cheesy faces until the sides of her mouth lifted up and giggles spilled from her lips.
Seeing this as my chance to make a move I reached over into the back seats and began unfastening her booster. Once she was free I pulled her to me tightly, ignoring the pain in my body.
"I'm so sorry Peanut, mammy's going to get you out of here I promise" I whispered kissing her curls repeatedly, holding her tiny frame tightly.
I knew I didn't have much time but I needed this moment with her, my baby didn't have one mark from the crash and that was the biggest relief I had ever felt.

A few more seconds of smothering her with love passed before I finally sprung into action.
I didn't know what awaited me on the outside of this car but I needed to get out and face it head on. Pulling the keys out the ignition I held them tightly as I slowly opened the door like being quiet was going to make a difference. As cautiously as I could I exited the car and began making my way to the boot.
So far the coast was clear but I wasn't stupid, my heart was pounding rapidly and that was not a good sign.
Opening the boot I grabbed Diamond's baby bag and flung it over my shoulder, if I was going to be out here a while I was going to need the essentials to take care of her as well as I could until we found somewhere safe. Bringing her out in this weather was a risk and I would not want to increase my chances of losing her, she was all I had now......

"Darkkkkk" Diamond whispered looking around with wide eyes.
"I know my love, that's because it's bedtime" I whispered back hoping it would coax her into falling asleep again.
She was as light as a feather, I could defiantly handle carrying her through the forest even with my bags. I made sure to grab my money and the necklace, I was obviously still going to need them for wherever I ended up.
I felt some form of regret, I could have just went to Harley's or Alexander's but I knew they couldn't keep me safe for long. Their homes would be the first places Joker looked and I wouldn't risk their lives too even if they wanted to help.

"Oooo little dolll where are you?!" I heard a chilling voice call from a distance.
It wasn't Mr J but the voice was just as evil as his causing shivers to run through my spine.
If whoever the person was caught us their actions would not be ones of kindness, we would be in deep trouble.
"Come out! come out! wherever you are" another voice called out.
It was a lot closer than the last and taking a step away from the car I frantically looked around, searching for any sign of my stalkers but all I could see was blackness.
"Wait! I think I see her!" The last voice made my heart jump into my throat.
Turning away from the direction I thought the voices were coming from I made a mad dash into the forest.
I could see no light, only the shadows of old ancient trees peeking out from the snow but I didn't care I continued to sprint blindly.
I wouldn't let them get us, not tonight!