Chapter Seventy Five 'I Hate You'

"Little doll?"
..............................
"Little doll?"
..............................
"Little doll?"
..............................
"EMBER!!"

"WHAT?! WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" Ember suddenly screamed slamming her hands on the prisoner door before twisting her body round to face him.
A laugh almost escaped her lips at the sight of him, his legs and arms were shackled, his face beaten and bloody. Looking down she saw his wrists were also bleeding, most likely because of his attempts to escape. She wanted to tell him that it was no use, there was no escape from this place but she also didn't want converse with him.
"We need to talk" Joker sighed not bothered in the slightest at her anger but could feel corner eating away at him as he pondered about her mental state.
"No we don't! I don't want to talk to you!" She snapped turning back to the door and folding her arms with a deep frown.

"Are you ok little doll?" Joker questioned after a few tense moments of watching her like a hawk.
Ember's bottom lip trembled violently as a sharp pain ran through her lower half at his question.
"No...I'm not ok...I'm not...." she whimpered quietly but he heard her loud and clear.
"I'm going to get you out of here and then I'm going to kill him!" Joker sneered once again tugging on his shackles at the sound of her broken soul.
"You can't! There's no escape it's impossible, even for a guy like you. There's really no hope I know that now and in time you'll realise it too" Ember muttered walking towards him and softly sitting opposite him, tilting her head to the side in the hopes she could read him.

"Where's Diamond?" Joker eyes went soft as their baby's name slipped through his lips.
"She's safe thank you, Elsie is watching her" Ember smiled slightly thinking about the time she had just spent with her peanut.
"And whooooo is Elsie?" Joker sang trying to mask the panic that was running through him.
"She's one of Alexander's workers, she's been helping a great deal" she replied causing the Joker to become hot with rage.
"You let one of Alexander's workers keep hold of  our child, are you fucking demented Ember or just incredibly dumb?!" He snapped his teeth at her with a low growl.
"Yes because right now she's the only person I can trust! Everyone else has betrayed me!......Peanut is happy I've just seen her" Ember sobbed burying her face in her hands.

"I've missed you little doll" Joker whispered suddenly surprisingly the both of them, kindness was very rare when it came to him.
"And I hate you" Ember bit out glaring at him evilly.
"I know you're upset with me little doll but you need to focus on helping get us out, then we can go home and talk properly" he tried to reason being strangely human.

"You don't understand do you, we are over J.......if we ever escape I will not be coming home with you...I....I..don't love you anymore" Ember cried both speaking truth and lying.
If they did escape she would never return home with him but that didn't mean she didn't love him. Of course she did, more than anything yet he had broken her heart and that was no longer forgivable.

"She was just a surrogate little doll" Joker sighed feeling himself tense as her eyes shot laser through him.
"No she wasn't she was part of a game" Ember laughed much to his confusion.
"What?" He frowned, had she gone mad?
"Oh you still don't know, your little bird betrayed you. All this time you thought she was a surrogate when she was really working for our friend Alexander, yes that's right you were double played. Serves you right for being an unfaithful, spineless arse" she continued to laugh as Joker reeled back in shock.

How could he have been so blind?
Why couldn't he see right through them?
This couldn't be true surely?!

"She's pregnant" Ember whimpered, all the humour now drained from her as she hit him with another shock wave.
"I'm sorry" he replied truthfully, even for a man like him this situation had gone too far, he had gone too far. In his efforts to add to his family he had lost it and even though everything had been a set up he had no one to blame but himself for the heartache his love was now experiencing.

"Don't get your hopes up it might be Alexander's, she doesn't know yet" she felt bitter and disgusted at herself for clinging onto the hope that it might not be Jokers child. She at times found herself praying for it but for what cause, it didn't change anything. Joker had still cheated and her family was in tatters that would never be mended.
"She's with Alexander? Wellll this gets better and better ahahahahaaaaaaaa! Do you really think I care for her or that thing growing inside her? Once we're free I'll kill them both!" Joker cackled madly tugging on his chains, a twisted grin on his face.

"You know I actually pity the girl.........she loves him, truly loves him. She reminds me of me in the fact she's completely smitten with a man who constantly abuses her emotionally and physically, who could care less about how she feels or what she does unless it benefits him. Melody would drag her broken body to the ends of the earth for him like I once would have done for you. Watching him treat her the way he does showed me just how twisted our love is, it's not normal to treat someone so cruelly and still say you love them. Hopefully one day she will see the truth and run as far away from here as possible like I tried too. You will not hurt her baby, not over my dead body! You are to blame for this mess and you will have to live with it not the child"

Her words were strong and even though they hurt him, Joker felt a sense of pride from how fierce she was. This wasn't the shy delicate girl from their first meeting no this girl was a woman, a powerful one who had possessed him without even realising it but he was also a very powerful man.
"Watch your tongue!" Joker snapped feeling his anger take over at her words, he had heard enough!
He refused to show her the impact of her speech, she had questioned his love for her and that's what was truly shattering his heart, his family was his world.

The room grew still for a few moments before Ember sighed and smiled sadly at the man she loved.

"When I first came to Gotham I was so excited and ready to experience a whole new adventure with my best friend finally back at my side then you came into my life and I fell completely in love with you. You gave me something I needed, you were the excitement that had been stripped away from me back home and your lifestyle fuels my curiosity. I always knew it wouldn't be easy to be with you, I knew there would be abuse but it didn't stop me until it began to worse. In the beginning I stayed because I thought I could change you, then I stayed because of Diamond. I thought it would get better once she came into our lives but I was wrong. You know I used to feel so guilty for being jealous and angry at my own baby because of you, you made me look at her like she was competition. Whenever you held her you were so gentle, so loving and I used to sit there and think why can't that be me? Why can't he love me like he loves her? I gave him this precious little gift and all I receive are more beatings. After a while I got used to the pain and throughout the years of torture I still loved you but then you cheated on me. You took what was left of my heart and shattered it into pieces until it was nothing but dust in the wind. You are the reason our family is broken, the reason I am broken"

Ember was now in floods of tears as she tried to get her breath back. Her body trembled as she finally released all the built up frustration she had for him. It was time he knew just how much he had messed everything up and how far away they were from ever being whole once again.
Joker on the other hand was sat there in complete silence, wounded and shocked by everything she had just uttered. The realisation that he had truly lost her hit him like a tonne of bricks and before he could control himself a single tear slipped down his swollen cheek.

Just as he was about to speak the door began to rattle as the locks came undone and it swung open.
"Times up! Come now my rose" Alexander chirped at the entrance beckoning Ember to him.
"SHE IS NOT YOUR ROSE! STAY AWAY FROM HER!" Joker roared violently pulling on his restraints, wrists beginning to bleed even more and seep into his ruined clothes.
Reaching out Ember gently cupped his face and frowned.
"I used to admire you, look up to you! You have fallen so far but now you need to get back up and take your throne once again! Most of all you need to save your family, prove to me that one day I can grow to admire you again..............goodbye J" Ember whispered before shakily leaning forwards and placing a gentle kiss on his forehead.

Slowly standing up she looked down at him once last time before turning away and joining Alexander, leaving the Joker in the darkness of his cell and thoughts.
Ember could only pray that he finds a way out for them but one thing was for certain she would never forgive him.
They were over!
Or were they?