Chapter Fifty One 'Visiting Abby'

A/n
This should have been out two days ago but I had a long nap and totally forgot about it, sorry my loves 💜

Ember's POV
Two months had passed since I started training with Mr J and it was going great. I was so proud of my development, I still was no where near as good as Mr J, Harley, Frosty and all the other guys but if I got caught up in battle I knew how to handle myself to a certain degree. The process was extremely rough and at times I had given up yet Mr J always picked me back no matter how much my actions irritated him. It was strange how 'nice' he was being, yes he was still bad but he was acting more as he when I was carrying Diamond.

We were currently down in the basement doing our mornings training and Mr J was about to lash out I knew it. I was trying so hard but today I just couldn't seem to get anything right. It was like all the knowledge from over the last few months had slipped from my mind.
"Again little doll!" Mr J ordered sternly crossing his arms over his exposed chest.

He was trying to keep his face neutral but I could see anger growing in his orbs turning them a dark shade of blue

Nodding my head at him I let out a deep breath and aimed my gun at the target once more. I did everything Mr J had taught in the hopes I'd hit the just this time but I watched on in disappointment as I pulled the trigger and missed the target completely.

"That was the twelfth miss in a row Ember! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU TODAY?!" J roared storming towards me and ripping the gun out my hand before throwing it at the wall.
"I don't know" I whispered shrugging lightly as he fixed his glare on me.
"You haven't missed a single time in the last three weeks little doll there must be something wrong!" He exclaimed frantically tugging on the ends of his messed up hair.
"I'm just....thinking a lot about Abby this morning" I admitted with a sad sigh.
"And why are you thinking of her instead of concentrating on your training?  thought you wanted this" he growled now looking bored.
"I do want this! It's just she's going through such a hard time and I feel bad because I haven't been there for her enough. I'm her best friend I'm supposed to be helping her" I exclaimed, tears welling up in my eyes.

I had seen Abby a few times but it wasn't enough, she called me almost everyday asking me to visit and something always came up. I was sick of being a shitty friend, I needed to do better.
"Well little doll since you're too distracted to continue training you might as well get cleaned up and go visit her" Mr J sighed already moving about the room and cleaning up.
"Are you sure?" I whispered feeling with my fingers nervously.
"Yes we will continue next week, now go before I change my mind" he ordered gathering the knives off the table.
"I'll do better next week I promise! Thank you!" I squealed hugging him from behind.
"I know you will" he grunted slightly leaning into me.
"I'll be home soon, I love you" I cooed pulling away and heading towards the basement steps.
"Love you too" I heard him reply softly behind me.

"Hey kid! Where are you rushing off too?" Frosty greeted as I made my way through the front of the house.
"I'm going to visit Abby! Is she in?" I grinned giving him a hug.
"She was when I left, take Diamond with you" he smiled ruffling my hair.
"Are you sure? I don't want to make her sad" I frowned feeling a bit lost.
"No she loves Diamond, she'll be overjoyed to see her" Frosty reassured me making me sigh in relief.
"Ok I'll go get her ready, see you later" I waved as I began making my way up the stairs.
"See you later kid!"