Chapter Forty Two 'Trouble In Paradise'

A/n
I thought you guys would be mad at me for pairing Ember/Alexander and Athena/Chris together but ya'll living for it 😂

"Ember darling please think about what you are doing" Alexander sighed trying to keep his eyes locked on her face instead of letting them wander further down.
He did not want to disrespect her even if this was her doing, she deserved more than what she thought she did.
"I told you I'm getting what I want Alexander" Ember purred in a provocative tone making him twitch within the confinements of his pants.

"Ember" Alex tried only to be cut off by ember's finger pressed hard against his lips.
"Ssssshhhh it's ok" she spoke softly as she swung her leg over his lap in order to straddle him.
Fuck!
He could feel the heat coming from her centre and it was taking everything he had not to reach out and caress her soft curves.
It had been so long since he had been with a woman.
Alex always chose business over pleasure and right now his brain was in a frenzy as his partners woman practically threw herself on him.

"Alex" Ember moaned twisting her fists within his suit.
Hearing his name slip from her sweet little lips made all his thoughts become blurred and ignoring his better judgement, he reached up and caressed her cheek.
Ember's heart skipped her beat as she finally received some of the affection she had been craving for.
This was it! She would finally be satisfied by the end of the night.
Joker had not crossed her mind and why should he?
If he didn't care then she wasn't going to care!

Looking deep into Alexander's eyes Ember began to lean forwards aiming to connect their lips and make it official. Alex watched her lean in with excitement and dread.
Closer and closer she got and very soon he could feel her soft, warm breathing against his lips and cheeks.

Just as there lips were about to connect Alex turned his head so her lips brushed against his cheek instead. Frowning at the development Ember pulled back and looked at him in confusing.
"Put your clothes on Ember" Alex gulped trying not to look at her now sad face.
He hated to be the one to make her feel bad.
"What?" She whispered more to herself but it seemed to echo throughout the room.
"I said put your clothes on Ember!" He spoke sternly making her flinch slightly.
Sighing in regret Alex reached up and rubbed her shoulder soothingly.
"I'm sorry honey please don't be scared, just put your clothes on so we can talk" he cooed softly giving her a small smile.

Nodding her head Ember got up from his lap, grabbed the nightdress and quickly began to get ready. Her cheeks now held a hot red flush, she felt so embarrassed and wanted to run and hide forever.
Tying her robe she sat back down and looked towards the floor.
"Why does no one want me?" She wondered sadly.
Leaning towards her Alex gently took her hands.

"Ember any man would be crazy not to want you but this isn't right. You're the girl of my partner and I will not cross him just because you want revenge. I also believe that this isn't what you want. If we slept together you would feel a tremendous amount of guilt after. You're too kind hearted and I know you love the Joker no matter how much he hurts you. Forgive my bluntness darling but you have a young child at home who looks up you, you're her role model for life and if you don't know your self worth how do you expect Diamond to know hers?" Alex explained trying his best to get through to her.

"Oh my....god I'm so sorry Alex! You're so right.....what am I doing?! I'm acting exactly like Melody. I have a child at home and I'm here throwing myself at you, she deserves better than me. I want to go home now and raise her right!" Ember exclaimed as her mind became clear.

Fuck Joker!
Fuck Melody!
Fuck anyone who wasn't Diamond!
From now on she would concentrate every single minute of the day making sure her child grew up to be a great loving woman. Her little girl would no longer experience the type of negativity she had over the last few months.

"How about I phone Frost and have him come pick you up?" Alex spoke up knocking Ember from her deep thinking session.

Ember's POV
"That would be great thank you!" I smiled softly squeezing his hand.
Reaching into his pocket Alex pulled out his phone and looked at me.
"Don't worry Ember no one will ever find out about tonight's events I promise" he reassured me making a sigh of relief slip from my lips.
I was so grateful for having Alex in my life.
He was an amazing friend and I almost ruined it Tonight.
"Thank you Alex I really appreciate it"
I went silent after that while he phoned Frosty and persuaded him to pick me up.
I couldn't wait to get home and snuggle all night with my sweet baby, I had missed her. I always did whenever I left the house without her.

It didn't take that long for Frosty to arrive.
I jumped back as he stormed into the room with an angry look on his face.
"Are you ready to go?" He asked trying to smile but you could see straight through him.
"Erm...y...yeah" I stuttered standing up from the couch and pulling Alex into a hug.
"Goodbye darling" he whispered.
"Goodbye" I replied before pulling away and walking towards Frosty.

I didn't dare speak as Frosty drove.
He looked so mad and soon after we set off I noticed we were heading away from my house but yet I stayed silent.
My mind was at war! I needed to say something....
"Frost where are we going?" I questioned after another minute or two of silence.
"Mine and Abby's house" he replied bitterly.
"Diamond....."
"Diamond is perfectly fine, Mary is with her. Abby has been asking for you" he cut me off with a frown ending the conversation.
Geez who pissed in his cereal?!

The drive to their house seemed long so I was relieved when we finally arrived.

I wondered why Abby had asked for me

Had something happened?

Jumping out the car I followed Frosty into the house and found myself pulled into a bone crushing hug.
"Abby?" I wheezed feeling the air slip from my lungs.
"I'm sorry Ember! I'm so sorry! I had no idea please believe me!" She whimpered pulling back to cup my face, a look of pity on her face which soon turned sour when she turned to Frost.
"You can leave now!" She spat.
What the hell was going on?!
"Abby please?" Frosty sighed.
"JUST FUCK OFF JOHNATHON!" Abby screamed at him.
I was too shocked to remove my jaw from the ground.
"FINE!" He roared before storming out the house, slamming the door behind him.
Holy shit!

As soon as the door slammed Abby's face crumbled and she fell to the floor in a fit of sobs.
"Abby! Oh what's wrong my love?" I exclaimed dropping to my knees and pulling her into my arms.
She didn't answer just sobbed more.
So there I sat on the floor rocking my upset friend like I did with Diamond as she broke her heart.